Naturally sweetened Watermelon Smoothie is refreshing and under 100 calories! It’s the perfect healthy treat to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Fresh and sweet Watermelon Smoothie is summer-time perfection! Pick out a good watermelon and get your fill. For a more pure flavor try delicious Watermelon Juice.
I love smoothies!
I love that simple, healthy ingredients can be mixed together to make something so delicious and creamy, like today’s recipe for a Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie. It’s so sweet and satisfying!
The combination of strawberries and watermelon is a match made in heaven. Look at the pink color of this smoothie- so beautiful (just as pretty as our Aloha Tropical Smoothie and Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie).
This is the perfect treat to slow down and enjoy every tasty sip. My kids love smoothies for breakfast or even an after-school snack. It’s a great way to get them to sit down and talk about what they did and learned at school!
Plus this Watermelon Smoothie gives us all the energy to get through the rest of the day until dinner time.
How to Make IT + Tips and Variations
Pick the perfect watermelon for a sweet smoothie and cut it with ease!
BLEND. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. Serve cold. Pour into glasses and savor every sip!
Top each cup with a little slice of watermelon and/or a strawberry for extra yum.
Mix it up by adding other fruit. These other combos work great and taste delicious:
- watermelon + blackberries
- watermelon + blueberries + peaches
- watermelon + fresh lime/lemon juice + raspberry juice + mint
Keep it nutritious. The watermelon and strawberries combined add antioxidants, vitamin c, calcium, and H2O for great hydration. Keep this a nutritious meal or snack by adding:
- Spinach, kale, chia seeds, flax seed, nutritional yeast, or hemp seeds for an extra healthy boost.
- Use honey or maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
- Milk can be replaced with coconut water, almond or coconut milk, vanilla greek yogurt, or other healthy liquid.
Texture. The blended watermelon cubes can take on a grainy texture, but combined with the strawberries and milk it creates a delicious consistency.
Prep ingredients ahead of time for quick smoothies when the craving hits.
- Wash, slice, and divide the fruit into individual-sized portions and keep them in Ziploc bags in the freezer.
- The ice and milk are best added to the smoothie right before mixing.
- Simply empty the bag of frozen fruit into the blender, pour in the milk, lemon, ice, and blend!
STORE leftovers. Add a little bit of lemon juice or Sure Fresh so the smoothie doesn’t brown.
If there’s a little room at the top of the container, cut a piece of plastic wrap and place it directly onto the top of the smoothie. Store in the fridge for 12 hours or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more refreshing smoothies:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Aloha Tropical Smoothie
- Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Orange Juice Smoothie
Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 cup strawberries trimmed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener packets
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. Serve cold.
This would make the PERFECT V-day Breakfast! Quick and easy before school but still pink and festive.
I love how much flavor this smoothie has with not a lot of calories!
Watermelon and any other fruit makes great smoothies. But i don’t think the Splenda is necessary. Watermelon’s natural Sweetness is more thAn enough. I try to stay away from any artificial sweetener as well as sugar.
Shan ovell recipe how to make you naked and with good drinks how you think it seems out
We have made a few of the lil Luna smoothie recipes in the past and they have all been delicious. We decided to try one we haven’t made before-the watermelon smoothie. No surprise-it was awesome! Everyone loved it. Super refreshing super fun. Will definitely make again in the summer too!
(We didn’t add the milk- per picky kids request- but still super yummy)