A healthy and delicious Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie that everyone in the family will love. It’s simple, quick, and whips up in minutes!!
With healthier goals in mind for the new year, we’ve gathered several great smoothie recipes to enjoy! Among those are our popular Banana or Blueberry Smoothie, and of course this hearty Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie!
I love me a good smoothie!
If your kids are anything like mine, they love all things strawberry, especially strawberry smoothies.
With oats in it, we weren’t sure how much the kids would love this specific recipe, but they devoured it in seconds.
This Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie calls for skim milk, rolled oats, bananas, frozen strawberries and a little bit of sugar and vanilla. Fortunately, we almost always have these ingredients on hand, so I have a feeling we will be making it more often.
How to Make a Strawberry oat smoothie
GRIND. Use a blender to grind up oats.
BLEND. Add milk, oats, bananas and strawberries, blend well. Add vanilla and sugar if desired. Blend until smooth.
ENJOY! Serve cold.
Use some of your favorite additives to make this a healthier drink. Some of the additions we like include:
- Milk substitute like almond, soy, oat, cashew, or coconut milk
- Sugar substitute such as agave, honey, or stevia
- Sprinkle in nutritional yeast
- Add strawberry protein powder
- Collagen powder
- Chia seeds
Tips + FAQ
A few recipe tips…
- Texture: If you are wondering how adding oats might impact the texture of your smoothie I think you will be pleasantly surprised. When you mix oats directly into the blender with the rest of the ingredients it creates a thicker texture. This allows for the smoothie to become richer and gives it a very nice substantial, yet drinkable consistency.
- Oat Type: You could also substitute quick oats for the old fashioned oats called for in this recipe if that’s what you have on hand.
How to store? STORE leftovers in the fridge for a day or two, it’s best to store it in a container such as a Mason jar where there won’t be too much air at the top. It is normal for separation of ingredients to occur, so you might have to mix it up a bit when you are ready to drink it again.
How to Freeze? Any leftovers can be store in a freezer safe container, allowing for a little room for expansion at the top. You can freeze it for up to 3 months, then just thaw in the fridge overnight when you are ready to drink it again. Don’t forget to give it a good stir!
How to Make into Popsicles? Add a little lemon juice or Fresh Fruit powder so that the color is preserved. Pour the smoothie into the popsicle molds and freeze.
For more smoothie recipes:
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana broken into chunks
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white sugar
- Use a blender to grind up oats.
- Add milk, oats, bananas and strawberries, blend well.
- Add vanilla and sugar if desired. Blend until smooth.
- Serve cold.
Adapted from allrecipes.com