Banana Smoothie recipe – a simple, quick and tasty smoothie with bananas, pineapple, juice and ice. It’s a family favorite and perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack.
Pineapple Banana Smoothie
I’m not exaggerating when I say that we have a smoothie at least every other day. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack – they have become one of go-to recipes. One of the ingredients we add to almost every drink is a banana and not just because we always have them on hand, but because they’re a great smoothie ingredient.
Today, we are sharing with you our favorite banana smoothie which also includes bananas (you can also check out our Strawberry Banana Smoothie which is another favorite). Like most smoothies, they take just a minute to make and are so delicious and refreshing. They taste good and are usually good for you which is a BONUS!
We love banana smoothies at our house but almost always add other ingredients, like the pineapple. In this case, it added the perfect amount of sweetness to make this smoothie irresistible.
How to Make Banana Smoothies
There really aren’t any steps to this recipe other than adding everything to the blender and blending, but there are a few tips and tricks that might help:
- Frozen fruit usually blends better and gives it more of a smoothie consistency.
- If using frozen fruit, you should haven’t to use so much ice. If using fresh fruit, ice will help it become more a smoothie consistency than a drink.
- Freeze the juice part of whatever you’re adding to make it a thicker consistency
- Sweeteners do help, but we recommend using stevia over sugar to stay a little bit healthier
- Sneak in vegetables when you can. Half the time, kids don’t even notice when kale or spinach has been added to a smoothie, which allows them to get in extra vitamins without fighting them on it.
For this particular recipe, you can also add any other fruits or veggies you love. We love strawberries and will probably add that next time we make it.
We love this banana smoothie recipe as is, but will try adding coconut or strawberries next time for even more flavor. It can also be changed based on the juice used in the recipe. We use pineapple but any juice would work and would be a great addition to this recipe.
For more smoothie recipes, check out:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1-1 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1-2 large Bananas cut into chunks (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 pineapple cubed (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup pineapple juice or apple juice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy cold!