Best-loved Orange Juice Smoothie using Florida Orange Juice is super tasty. The kids LOVE the taste of oranges & strawberries!
Like the Copycat Orange Julius, this orange juice smoothie is bursting with bright summer flavor. It is packed with vitamin c and makes a tasty breakfast drink! For another yummy drink, try our Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
Packed with Vitamin C
With a family of six kids, it feels like if one gets sick, EVERYONE gets sick. During “sick season” we try especially hard to wash hands consistently, and do things to keep our immune systems in good shape.
One of those things is making sure we’re taking in healthy vitamins—especially Vitamin C! An easy way to do that is drinking those Emergen-C packets you can buy from the store, but honestly they’re kind of gross, and I’d rather just drink lots of orange juice!
To jazz things up a bit, I made an orange juice smoothie using all sorts of yummy goodies that would not only taste good but would also have lots of Vitamin C. I was surprised at how good it turned out, and the kids loved it too!
how to make a smoothie with orange juice
BLEND. Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!!
- Make sure to put the heaviest ingredients on the bottom to help them blend easier.
- You can make a smoothie thicker simply by using less liquid and allow it to blend for longer.
- Use frozen strawberries if fresh strawberries aren’t available or in season
- No matter what brand of orange juice you use the recipe will turn out great, here are some popular ones that are easily accessible from the grocery store: Simply Orange, Tropicana, and Florida’s Natural. I hope that helps!
- When strawberries are ripe, the berry will be red through and through without any white or green spots. Also fun fact strawberries are supposedly sweeter at room temperature than cold from the fridge.
- Vanilla always makes things taste better and makes it slightly sweeter. This is really effective when your fruit may not be completely or perfectly ripe. This added sweetness is a comfort to most people.
STORE any leftover smoothie in a freezer safe cup with a lid. Do not keep the straw in the cup when you’re freezing it! Also, don’t fill the container all the way because the liquid will expand as it freezes. It will last for about 3 months before you should let it soften at room temperature for a few minutes before it becomes drinkable and y before serving.
For more great drink recipes be sure to try out:
Orange Juice Smoothie Recipe
- Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth. Enjoy!