This strawberry blueberry smoothie is quick, delicious and so refreshing. Not only is it healthy, but its easy to make and is perfect for a meal or even a snack.
Strawberry and Blueberry Smoothie
The hubby and I often finding ourselves not wanting a full dinner at night, but something small and refreshing, like a smoothie! (some of our go to’s are this Blueberry Smoothie and Favorite Green Smoothie). Do you guys do the same thing? Especially if we had a big lunch, or just feel like something lighter at night.
Many probably tend to think smoothies are just for breakfast, but we’re usually running around crazy with kids in the morning and find ourselves grabbing a banana or something quick (which I know is not good). If we had more time in the morning we’d definitely be making smoothies like today’s Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie.
If you’ve noticed, we’ve shared several smoothie recipes in the past few months. This isn’t just because they’re delicious, but we’re trying to eat healthier and lighter. This strawberry blueberry smoothie is just that. It’s healthy, light, delicious and takes just minutes to make.
Easy Strawberry Smoothies
Let’e be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a difficult smoothie recipe. I mean all you have to do is throw the ingredients into a blender and push a button. This recipe is especially easy though, because it only requires 4 ingredients!
Ingredient additions:You can always change or add ingredients according to your preferences. Here are some suggestions.
- Add fresh frozen banana to thicken/add flavor
- Add ice cubes if you are using all fresh fruit
- Substitute almond milk and almond or cashew based yogurt for a dairy free option
- Add stevia for some extra sweetness without extra calories
- Throw in a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder
How to store leftover smoothie?
If you end up with leftovers, you can keep it in the fridge for about a day. Store the smoothie in an airtight container, filling the container to the top. The less air, the better.
Most people here on the site are looking for quick, easy and delicious. We try to ensure that all of our recipes are just that, so hopefully you can find even more smoothie recipes here you and your family can enjoy. We obviously LOVE strawberry smoothies (see a list of them below), but if you’re more of a blueberry fan, here is another blueberry smoothie recipe we absolutely adore.
Which ingredients do you like to include in your strawberry smoothie recipes? Leave a comment and let us know!
For more strawberry smoothie recipes, check out:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Aloha Tropical Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Best Green Smoothie recipe
Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 6 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
- Add milk, blueberries, strawberries and yogurt to a blender. Mix until smooth! If you are using fresh fruit, you may need to add ice to thicken. Enjoy cold.