Breakfast Casserole with potatoes – it takes minutes to make and is delicious!! Filled with eggs, milk, sausage, hash browns and cheese, this recipe will become a breakfast favorite.
EASY Potato Egg Casserole
We LOVE breakfast at our house. I’m not joking when I say that we have breakfast for dinner at ONCE a week. We love pancakes and waffles, cinnamon rolls, smoothies and especially breakfast casseroles, like today’s breakfast casserole with potatoes.
These casseroles are so great, and mostly because they’re quick, simple and delicious. Plus, they are easy to change up based on the ingredients you love and crave most.
This particular breakfast casserole has potatoes, eggs, sausage and cheese – some of our favorite breakfast ingredients, and it’s put together in just a few minutes.
How to Make Egg and Potato Casserole
The ingredients for this egg and potato casserole are simple – eggs, milk, sausage, hash browns, cheese, salt and pepper.
Dividing the cheese and setting a cup aside, mix your eggs, milk, sausage hash browns, salt and pepper. Mix until combined and then pour it into a greased 9×13 pan.
Bake this at 350 for 20-35 minutes. Take the dish out, top with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes. Let set a few minutes before serving.
Tips + FAQ
There are so many easy ways to change up this recipe. Here are some other variations you can try…
- Mexican – Add chopped bell peppers and use Mexican or Monterrey Jack cheese instead
- Meat lovers – add cooked bacon to this recipe too!
- Low-Fat version – add spinach, omit the meat and add a cup of chopped spinach
Can you make this potato breakfast casserole ahead of time? You can make this breakfast potato casserole up to 24 hours in advance. Just cover and keep in fridge until ready to make. You may need to add a few additional minutes to the cook time.
Can you use shredded hash browns in this breakfast casserole? Of course – and cook times should be the same. Just like the cubed hash browns, we recommend making sure these are thawed for best results. If not thawed, it may need an additional few minutes to cook.
The best part of all was that it took just minutes to make!
For more yummy Breakfast recipes check out:
- Biscuit Egg Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Dutch Baby Pancakes
- Snickerdoodle Waffles
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Homemade Pop Tarts
For even more yummy Breakfast foods be sure to go HERE.
Breakfast Potato Casserole Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 9-10 oz Italian Sausage pre-cooked
- 20 oz hashbrowns cubed and thawed
- Salt and Pepper
- 7 oz Kraft® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Set aside 1 cup of the cheese.
- Add eggs, milk, sausage, hash browns, salt, pepper and remainder of the cheese in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Take out and add remaining cheese. Place back in oven and cook for an additional 5 - 7 minutes.