This Cheesy Breakfast Potato Casserole takes minutes to make and is delicious!! This recipe will become a breakfast favorite.
This cheesy breakfast casserole is hearty and delicious. It is perfectly filling and will surely be a crowd pleaser! Try pairing this with a Strawberry Banana Smoothie or a glass of Orange Juice Smoothie.
EASY Potato Egg Casserole
We LOVE breakfast at our house. I’m not joking when I say that we have breakfast for dinner at least ONCE a week. We love pancakes and waffles, cinnamon rolls, smoothies and especially breakfast casseroles, like today’s breakfast casserole with potatoes.
Casseroles are so great, mostly because they’re quick, simple and delicious. Plus, they are easy to change up based on the ingredients you love and crave most.
This particular breakfast casserole has potatoes, eggs, sausage and cheese – some of our favorite breakfast ingredients. The best part of all was that it took just minutes to make!
How to Make It
The ingredients for this egg and potato casserole are simple – eggs, milk, sausage, hash browns, cheese, salt and pepper.
COMBINE. Dividing the cheese and setting a cup aside, mix your eggs, milk, sausage hash browns, salt and pepper. Mix until combined and then pour it into a greased 9×13 pan.
BAKE. Bake this at 350°F for 20-35 minutes. Take the dish out, top with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes. Let set a few minutes before serving.
Tips + Variations
Make this breakfast potato casserole up to 24 hours in advance. Just cover and keep in fridge until ready to make. You may need to add a few additional minutes to the cook time.
Use shredded hash browns in this breakfast casserole. Cook times should be the same. Just like the cubed hash browns, we recommend making sure these are thawed for best results. If not thawed, it may need an additional few minutes to cook.
There are so many easy ways to change up this recipe. Here are some other variations to try:
- Mexican – Add chopped bell peppers and use Mexican blend or Monterrey Jack cheese instead
- Meat lovers – add cooked bacon to this recipe too
- Low-Fat version – omit the meat and add a cup of chopped spinach
For more yummy Breakfast recipes check out:
- Biscuit Egg Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Dutch Baby Pancakes
- Snickerdoodle Waffles
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Homemade Pop Tarts
Cheesy Breakfast Potato Casserole Recipe
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 20 oz bag ,frozen diced hash browns thawed
- 9 – 10 ounces precooked Italian sausage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-x-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, hash browns, sausage, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese until combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 32–35 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the remaining ½ cup cheese over the top. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 3–5 minutes.
- Mexican: Add chopped bell peppers and use Mexican blend cheese instead of cheddar.
- Meat Lovers’: Add cooked bacon along with the sausage.
- Low-Fat: Omit the meat and add a cup of chopped spinach and other vegetables.