Can’t decide between cinnamon rolls and french toast for breakfast? Now you don’t have to with my Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake! Super-easy to make, using frozen cinnamon rolls, this overnight dish is perfect for company or anytime you want to treat your family to a delicious breakfast or brunch!
During the holidays, I love to treat my family to delicious breakfast and brunch dishes. I always love doing overnight French toast. It’s super-simple, as the prep work is typically done the night before. Once you wake up in the morning, you simply transfer your dish from the refrigerator to the oven, and in a matter of moments, you and your family will be enjoying the most amazing, hot breakfast!
A while back, I decided that I wanted to try an overnight French Toast with frozen cinnamon roll dough. You can find frozen cinnamon rolls at most grocery stores, in the freezer section (I use Rhodes). The results were pretty amazing – you end up with the sweet, delicious flavors of cinnamon rolls, combined with the fluffy textures of French Toast!
This French toast bake is super-simple to throw together the night before. Simply take out your frozen cinnamon rolls from the freezer, and using kitchen shears, cut the rolls into quarters. Add the quartered cinnamon roll pieces to a medium casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, and then pour your egg mixture over the top. Then cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
The dough will begin to thaw and raise while in the fridge. When you wake up in the morning, you can then transfer the dish to your preheated oven. These will continue to rise in the oven and bake up beautifully!
You’ll then have the most amazing breakfast dish! Serve with bacon, sausage and your favorite morning sides for an awesome meal to start your day!
For video instructions, check out:
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake:
- 1 package, frozen cinnamon rolls (12 rolls in a package), cut into quarters
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- (Cream cheese frosting from cinnamon roll package)
- In a medium casserole or baking dish, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the frozen cinnamon rolls into quarters, and evenly spread into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together well, and pour over the cinnamon roll pieces. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, at least 6-8 hours. Rolls will begin to thaw and rise.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and bake the French toast for 35-40 minutes or until the rolls are well browned on top. Remove from oven and frost with the cream cheese frosting from the cinnamon roll package (if desired). You can also top with your favorite syrup.
I hope you and your family are able to enjoy a delicious breakfast or brunch during the holidays! Enjoy! ~Erin
Can it get any better than this!? Cinnamon Rolls + French Toast in ONE!! CANNOT wait to try this! Thank you, Erin! For more great recipes from Erin head on over to Delightful E Made.
Be sure to check out this other favorite breakfast casserole:
For even more great breakfast recipes, check out: