This cinnamon roll cake takes your favorite breakfast treat and puts it in cake form. With buttery cinnamon swirls and a sweet glaze, this cake is sure to be a new favorite!
A cake version of classic cinnamon rolls. If you’re looking for a shortcut, this recipe is it! Still gooey, glazed and filled with brown sugar and cinnamon. And if you like this, you’ll love our cinnamon roll bites too!
Quick + Easy cinnamon ROll cake
That’s what today’s cinnamon roll cake is – a simple and delicious cake that tastes like a cinnamon roll. It’s pretty much a family favorite and has become a favorite, just like our easy coffee cake recipe.
Today’s cinnamon cake recipe is seriously so gooey and delicious. We have made it so many times that it has become a holiday morning must-have. If you love the idea of a cake version of cinnamon rolls, then you have to try this recipe.
how to make CINNAMON roll CAKE
Making this cake is simple!! Yes – there is lots of butter, but that’s why it is so stinking delicious!
BATTER. To make this cinnamon roll casserole, begin by mixing the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla together. From there, stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
CINNAMON SWIRLS. Then you will mix your cinnamon topping ingredients together and drop over the cake. Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife going up and down the length of the pan (only inserting the knife a little).
BAKE. Bake at 350° F for 28-32 minutes. While baking, make your glaze and drizzle over the warm cake.
Can you make cream cheese frosting for cinnamon roll cake? This recipe is more of a glaze, but you can definitely make a cream cheese frosting instead. We love the cream cheese frosting we use on our one hour cinnamon rolls. For that recipe, GO HERE.
Don’t say we didn’t warn you that this cinnamon cake is seriously addicting!
cinnamon cake tips + Tricks
Making ahead: We love making this fresh, so it’s warm, but you can make this up to 24 hours ahead of time if needed. Store cake unglazed, covered, at room temperature. Just reheat in the oven for a few minutes to get warm before drizzling with the glaze.
Storing: You can store the cake for up to 24 hours in advance by covering with foil or saran wrap and leaving on counter before reheating.
You can even freeze it. Just cover tightly in foil and keep in freezer for up to 3 months. You can reheat in the microwave or on a low temp in the oven.
I recommend serving this yummy treat when it’s warm because it just melts in your mouth and tastes just like regular Cinnamon Rolls! We love this cinnamon cake so much that we have it for Christmas every year. It’s just SO good!!
For more sweet breakfast recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Quick Coffee Cake
- Nutella Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Donuts
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll Ups
Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-x-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, eggs and vanilla together.
- Slowly stir in melted butter and pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Make the cinnamon topping: In another bowl, mix softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Dollop over the top of the cake mixture evenly.
- Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife, only inserting it halfway into the cake batter and going up and down the length of the pan.
- Bake for 28–32 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the cake while it is still warm.
Frosting: This recipe uses a glaze topping, but you can make a cream cheese frosting instead. We love the cream cheese frosting we use on our Easy Cinnamon Rolls.