This next recipe is a family favorite. I would be lying if I said I was an expert at Cinnamon Roll Making… that’s my mom’s job, and she’s just so stinking good at it, that most of us in the family leave that recipe to her. Although, I haven’t been brave enough to try Cinnamon Rolls all on my own, I was able to make a Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe that was a HUGE hit and tastes just as good!
Today’s cinnamon roll cake recipe is seriously so gooey and delicious. We have made it so many times that it has become a favorite and is made every Christmas morning. If you love the idea of a cake version of cinnamon rolls, then you have to try this recipe.
Topping batter dropped over cakeMY OTHER RECIPES
Swirl the top and cake batter with a knife.
I recommend serving this yummy treat when it’s warm because it just melts in your mouth and tastes just like regular Cinnamon Rolls! We love this cinnamon cake so much that we have it for Christmas every year. It’s just SO good!!
For more sweet breakfast recipes, check out:
For video instructions on how to make this Cinnamon Roll Cake, check out the video below:
Here is how you can make it too:
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 TB flour
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 TB milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla together.
- Stir in melted butter, slowly. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients (3/4 cup butter softened, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon). Drop over cake mixture evenly.
- Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife going up and down the length of the pan (but only inserting it in the cake mix a little - not all the way).
- Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.
- Top with the glaze which is made by mixing 2 cups powdered sugar, 5 TB milk and 1 tsp. vanilla. Drizzle over the cake while it's still warm. ENJOY!