One of my FAVORITE things to make for a breakfast get-together is coffee cake! This next recipe is quick and it is so buttery and cinnamon-y that everyone loves it. My mom first made it for me when I left for a summer camp as a teenager and I remember thinking, “I need to have this recipe in my life!” It was just too good.
I’ve tried a few Coffee Cake recipes before, but none come close to this one. It’s simple and has become a staple for many holiday morning celebrations. And although I hate the word, the cake is moist and full of cinnamon and sugar goodness.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy treat you can make for a breakfast get together, shower or meeting, then you should try this cake. It always gets two big thumbs up from anyone who tries it. 😀
For more breakfast cakes, check out:
How to make Coffee Cake:
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup margarine melted
- In a large mixing bowl. combine oil, eggs, vanilla and milk together.
- In a medium bowl, blend together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine egg mixture with flour mixture. Pour half the batter into a 9x13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, prepare streusel by combining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of streusel on top of the batter. Top with remaining batter and then sprinkle the remaining streusel on top.
- Drizzle with melted margarine.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Makes 18-24 servings