Whether you’re a fan of eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, bread, or biscuits, we have a whole variety of Breakfast Casserole recipes that contain any and all of those ingredients! Some recipes are over-nighters, others are ready in 30 minutes, but ALL are delicious!
Easy Breakfast for a Crowd
Breakfast Casseroles are one of the most underrated breakfast dishes! They’re SO easy to throw together and they can feed a large crowd, which makes them perfect for family get togethers, holiday weekends, brunches, or baby/bridal showers.
There are so many kinds of breakfast casseroles. Most of them contain eggs, and either bread or potatoes with different types of breakfast meats like ham, bacon, or sausage. Some breakfast casseroles are sweet, like our French Toast Bake, or Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake.
We have several tried and true breakfast casserole recipes to share with you. But before we do, here are some tips for making your own:
Breakfast Casserole Tips
Not only are casseroles super easy to throw together most can be made ahead of time. Simply combine the ingredients the night before cover and refrigerate until morning.
Casserole Additions: we love each of the casseroles as they are however, you can easily customize them to your preference. Here are few additions that work well with most casseroles:
- Bacon bits
- Diced bell peppers
- Broccoli florets
- Sliced mushrooms
- Cheese choices: pepper jack, cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan, Swiss
Storage: The individual recipes have more storage info, but in general, casseroles can be stored in the fridge or freezer to be enjoyed later. Cover leftovers and refrigerate for up to a few days days. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
Quick breakfast casseroles – ready in 30!
Although they’re easy to throw together, many casseroles take about an hour to finish. However, these casseroles are ready in only 30 minutes!
- Cheesy Bisquick Breakfast Pie – Eggs, cheese, bacon, and potatoes combined with an egg mixture containing a secret ingredient—bisquick!
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole – All the flavors and textures you love about biscuits and gravy made into a hearty casserole. Two layers of buttery biscuits smothered in delicious sausage gravy.
- Biscuit Egg Casserole – Buttery biscuit dough topped with eggs, sausage, cheese, and any other favorite breakfast fixings.
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole – Sausage, eggs, and cheese all layered on top of a crescent dough crust and baked for just 20 minutes!
- Croissant Omelet Breakfast Casserole from Somewhat Simple – Chopped slices of ham and a cheesy egg mixture layered over croissant dough, baked in a jiffy.
- Sausage and Ranch Breakfast Casserole from Plain Chicken – Crescent rolls topped with eggs, milk, cheddar, sausage and zesty ranch seasoning.
more breakfast casseroles – made in an under 1 hour
Many of the recipes above are made with eggs, but we have even more. Whether it be sausage, bacon or ham, each of these casseroles are delicious, have eggs and are sure to please.
- Crock-pot Breakfast Casserole – Eggs, sausage, hash browns, cheese, and seasonings all thrown into the crock pot for a low maintenance casserole.
- Ham and Cheese Strata – Buttery layers of bread, ham, cheese, and egg.
- Eggs Benedict Casserole – English muffins, Canadian bacon, and eggs smothered and baked in a delicious homemade hollandaise sauce.
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole – Layers of corn tortillas, eggs, sausage, bacon, green chili sauce, sour cream, and lots of cheese.
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole – With tater tots, sausage, bacon, green onions, eggs, and two types of cheeses, this savory casserole is beyond hearty.
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole – Bacon, eggs, shredded hash browns, and three different kinds of cheeses—this recipe is simple but sure packs big flavor.
- Cheesy Breakfast Potato Casserole – It only takes 5 ingredients to make this casserole: eggs, milk, sausage, hash browns, and lots of cheese!
- Cheesy Breakfast Casserole – Another simple breakfast casserole filled with eggs, cheese, potatoes and bacon! Better yet, it’s ready in less than 45 minutes!
Sweet Breakfast Casseroles
We love having some easy and sweet breakfast casseroles on special occasions, especially holidays. The ones below are definitely some of our favorites and can be made the night before or be made in just a few minutes. 😉
- French Toast Bake – Our favorite french toast casserole that is made the night before and baked to perfection.
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole – A combo of 2 of your favorite breakfast treats and made into a casserole.
- Cinnamon Roll Bites – Cut up biscuits dipped in cinnamon and sugar, baked in a baking dish and covered in glaze!
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bites – A pumpkin version of our cinnamon roll bites which makes it an especially delicious seasonal treat.
- Overnight French Toast Bake – Make your French toast the night before with this simple recipe.
- Baked Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole – A delicious french toast bake with cream cheese baked through out!
So many delicious breakfast casseroles that are all simple and great for weekends, special occasions and holidays. ENJOY!