OH man, I love breakfast!
I’ve talked about this many times before, but our family loves to enjoy breakfast for dinner at least once a week. That is because our mornings are usually so crazy and rushed that we rarely have time for a real hot breakfast. It’s typically toast, bagels, cereal or oatmeal. Pretty lame, I know, but that is why we usually make breakfast for dinner every Wednesday. Sometimes we go savory – sometimes we go sweet.
Today’s recipe happens to be savory, and it’s another Cheesy Breakfast Casserole. I say “another” because I have quite a few here on the site, like my Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole for example. The reason for this is because you really can’t go wrong with them. They also usually take just minutes to throw together and are always delicious. I mean, can you really go wrong with potatoes, eggs, cheese and bacon?? My point exactly. 😉
This breakfast casserole was simple and can also be changed up really easily. If you don’t love bacon, use sausage instead. You can also change up the cheese dependent on preference. So many ways to customize and make it easily how you want it. Here is the printable recipe:
Cheesy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 30 oz hashbrown potatoes thawed
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine hash browns, bacon, 1 cup cheese and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 dish.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, milk and paprika. Pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with Paprika and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Serve warm and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Simple and delicious!
For more savory breakfast dishes, check out: