We have become slightly obsessed with breakfast casseroles at our home. We’ve always been huge fans of breakfast foods but hadn’t really made any casseroles since we had been married (crazy, I know). I tried one last year for the first time and was reminded just how easy and quick they are to throw together, so now we have them ALL THE TIME. They know have become as classic as Biscuits and Gravy in our home!!
What I like most about them is they are delicious, usually take minutes to put together and are easy to change up with different meats (ham, sausage, bacon) and cheeses, like today’s recipe for a Biscuit Egg Casserole.
This easy breakfast casserole has been one we’ve made a few Saturdays this summer. My husband LOVES biscuits so I knew he’d love this recipe. We love the sausage with it best but it would be great with ham chunks or bacon. If you are like us, and enjoy a great breakfast casserole, then you should definitely give this a try. It’s great!
We also enjoy making this recipe for special occasions and holidays. It’s always a hit and is one we’ve made on Christmas morning many times!
For more breakfast casseroles recipes, check out:
For FULL video instructions, check out:
How to make this Egg Bake:
- 1 can Grand biscuits
- 1 package of Jimmy Dean pre-cooked Sausage Crumbles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line bottom of greased 9x13 inch baking dish with biscuit dough, firmly pressing to seal.
- Sprinkle with sausage and cheese
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Just a Pinch.