A delicious Biscuit Egg Casserole recipe filled with biscuits, cheese, eggs and sausage, and takes only minutes to throw together! This breakfast egg casserole is a family favorite for weekends and holidays!
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
We have become slightly obsessed with breakfast casseroles at our home. We’ve always been huge fans of breakfast foods but hadn’t really made any casseroles since we had been married (crazy, I know). I tried one last year for the first time and was reminded just how easy and quick they are to throw together, so now we have them ALL THE TIME. They now have become as classic as Biscuits and Gravy in our home!! What I like most about them is they are delicious, usually take minutes to put together, and are easy to change up with different meats (ham, sausage, bacon) and cheeses, like today’s recipe for a Biscuit Egg Casserole.
This easy breakfast casserole has been one we’ve made a few Saturdays this summer. My husband LOVES biscuits so I knew he’d like this recipe. We love the sausage with it best but it would be great with ham chunks or bacon. If you are like us, and enjoy a great breakfast casserole, then you should definitely give this a try. It’s great!
How to Make this Breakfast Egg Casserole Recipe:
A lot of breakfast casserole require you to assemble the casserole and refrigerate it overnight before baking. This sausage and egg casserole, however, doesn’t have to refrigerate at all! You can throw it together from scratch in 5-10 minutes, pop it straight into the oven, and enjoy it 30 minutes later! It only takes about 30-35 minutes to make from start to finish.
- Line bottom of greased 9×13 inch baking dish with biscuit dough, firmly pressing to seal. Sprinkle with your choice of meat (we prefer sausage) and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milks, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until blended, then pour the egg mixture over the sausage and cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Let the casserole stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm, and ENJOY!
We also enjoy making this recipe for special occasions and holidays. It’s always a hit and is one we’ve made on Christmas morning many times!
For more breakfast casseroles recipes, check out:
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Strata
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Farmhouse Casserole
Easy Egg Bake VIDEO:
Sausage and Egg Casserole Recipe
A delicious Biscuit Egg Casserole recipe filled with biscuits, cheese, eggs and sausage, and takes only minutes to throw together! This breakfast casserole is a family favorite for weekends and holidays!
- 1 can Grand Biscuits
- 1 package Jimmy Dean pre-cooked Sausage Crumbles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 425.
- Line bottom of greased 9x13 inch baking dish with biscuit dough, firmly pressing to seal.
Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve warm.
For a smaller version (8x8 pan) use and do the following:
- 1 small package 10 biscuits
- almost whole package of Jimmy Dean pre-cooked sausage
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
*Bake for 20-25 minutes
Recipe adapted from Just a Pinch.