I can’t remember the first time I had today’s recipe, but I know it was several years ago. It may have been at a church function or baby shower, but a lady from my ward named Kathy, made it, and I instantly fell in love. I knew I needed the recipe for this Ham n Cheese Strata because it was so cheesy and butter-y but I had forgotten to get it! :(Fast forward a few years and Kathy’s daughter married my little brother, and the strata was once again back in my life, so the next time I had it, I was sure to get the recipe. It’s probably one of the best breakfast casseroles I have ever tried! I love that it’s simple, delicious and perfect for so many occasions like brunches, baby showers or holiday breakfasts. 😉
If you’re anything like me, you love a good and simple recipe that is sure to be a hit and I promise this Strata will be just that. It has all the ingredients to become a new breakfast favorite!
Cut your bread into smaller squares – I cut mine into 12 pieces each.
Add your first layer of bread, cheese and ham.
Repeat the layers once more…
And the result??
Cheesy, yummy goodness!!! Last time I made this, we couldn’t get enough of it and ate the whole dish in the first day. Horrible, I know, but it was just SO good!! 😀
For the video instructions, check out:
Ham n Cheese Strata Recipe:
- 12 slices white bread, broken up (I cut mine into 12 sqaures each)
- 1 pound ham (cooked and cubed)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups milk
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Layer half the bread, half the cheese and then the ham into your pan. Repeat layers.
- Mix eggs, milk and melted butter in a bowl. Pour over layers.
- Refrigerate over night or at least for 2 hours.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
This is another favorite breakfast casserole:
For more breakfast dishes, check out: