Fresh & Creamy yogurt parfaits are filled with fresh fruit and topped with crunchy granola. They are perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Fresh + Easy breakfast
I’m not always good at eating breakfast. The day just seems to start too quickly, and before I know it it’s lunch time!
Yogurt Parfaits are one of my go-to’s! I love fresh berries and this is a really tasty way to highlight what ever fruit is in season. The yogurt layer is mixed with cream cheese for an especially tangy and creamy take on this easy classic.
Top it off with granola for crunchy perfection! In fact, this is so delicious it would also make a perfect late night snack or treat.
How to make yogurt parfaits
PREP. Dice strawberries in to smaller pieces.
LAYER. Layer yogurt in 4 cups beginning with ½ cup yogurt, a sprinkle of granola, a few spoonful’s of chopped strawberries, as well as a few blackberries and blueberries.
REFRIGERATE. Repeat layers one more time and refrigerate until read to serve.
Note. Spread each layer so they touch the glass that way you will be able to see all the delicious layers.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Favorite Fruits: My favorite fruits to use include strawberries and blueberries. Raspberries, blackberries and bananas are also particularly delicious. Choose fruits that are in season not only are they fresh, but cost effective.
Yogurts: You can use vanilla, flavored or even plain yogurt. The type of yogurt is also up to you. There’s regular yogurt, Greek yogurt, low fat, full fat, organic, and so on. There is no wrong choice.
- Sweeten it with a drizzle of honey or sweetened shredded coconut.
- Add in chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, peanut or almonds
- Sprinkle of mini chocolate chips
Prepare ahead of time: You can prepare the fruits the day before and keep them stored in the fridge, but wait to assemble the parfaits. You can assemble them a couple of hours before serving. Cover and store them in the fridge.
For Breakfast Food to try:
- Breakfast Crescent Ring
- Homemade Biscuit Donuts
- Asparagus Quiche
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Healthy Apple Muffins
Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 cups yogurt vanilla (or greek yogurt)
- 1 cup granola
- Dice strawberries in to smaller pieces.
- Layer yogurt in 4 cups beginning with ½ cup yogurt, a sprinkle of granola, a few spoonfuls of chopped strawberries, as well as a few blackberries and blueberries.
- Repeat layers one more time and refrigerate until read to serve.