Fresh & Creamy yogurt parfaits are filled with fresh fruit and topped with crunchy granola. They are perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Parfait parties are a wonderful way to start the day. Try this classic berry fruit parfait or maybe a Grasshopper Parfait, Paradise Parfait, or Dirt Cake Parfait.
Fresh + Easy breakfast
I’m not always good at eating breakfast. The day just seems to start too quickly, and before I know it it’s lunch time!
When I do make time for breakfast I usually like to have big ones. I’m working on fitting in quick and easy meals to get a better start to my day.
Yogurt Parfaits are one of my go-to’s! I love fresh berries and this is a really tasty way to highlight whatever fruit is in season. The yogurt layer is mixed with cream cheese for an especially tangy and creamy take on this easy classic.
Top it off with granola for crunchy perfection! In fact, this is so delicious it would also make a perfect late night snack or treat.
How to make yogurt parfaits
PREP. Dice strawberries in to smaller pieces.
LAYER. Layer yogurt (we used vanilla yogurt) in 4 cups beginning with ½ cup yogurt, a sprinkle of granola, a few spoonful’s of chopped strawberries, as well as a few blackberries and blueberries.
REFRIGERATE. Repeat layers one more time and refrigerate until read to serve.
Note. Spread each layer so they touch the glass that way you will be able to see all the delicious layers.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Favorite Fruits: My favorite fruits to use include strawberries and blueberries. Raspberries, blackberries and bananas are also particularly delicious. Choose fruits that are in season—not only are they fresh, but cost effective.
Yogurts: You can use vanilla, flavored or even plain yogurt. The flavor and type of yogurt is also up to you. There’s regular yogurt, Greek yogurt, low fat, full fat, organic, and so on. There is no wrong choice.
Containers: There are specific parfait dishes you can use, but you can easily use whatever you have on hand! A small glass cup or mason jar both work perfectly.
- Sweeten it with a drizzle of honey or sweetened shredded coconut.
- Add in chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, peanut or almonds.
- Sprinkle on some mini chocolate chips.
- Use other toppings like chia seeds, peanut butter drizzle, maple syrup, or dried cranberries.
Prepare ahead of time: You can prepare the fruits the day before and keep them stored in the fridge, but wait to assemble the parfaits. You can assemble them a couple hours before serving. Cover and store them in the fridge.
For more Breakfast Food, try:
- Breakfast Crescent Ring
- Homemade Biscuit Donuts
- Asparagus Quiche
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Healthy Apple Muffins
Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅛ cup canola oil
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- coconut flakes optional
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 cups yogurt vanilla or greek yogurt
- 1 cup granola
- To make granola, preheat the oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, honey, and oil. Stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Add oats to a mixing bowl. Pour honey mixture over the oats. Add cinnamon and salt. Stir everything together until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet and gently press down.
- Bake for 1 hour. Stir the mixture every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and allow the mixture to cool completely in the pan. Break apart and Enjoy.
- Dice strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Layer yogurt in 4 cups beginning with ½ cup yogurt, a sprinkle of granola, a few spoonfuls of chopped strawberries, as well as a few blackberries and blueberries.
- Repeat layers one more time and refrigerate until ready to serve.
These parfaits are easy to do and make a great breakfast.
I have to have granola & berries in my yogurt! I love the crunch! These would be so great for brunch!
I make this almost daily I love it that much! Healthy and delicious!
Aw, that is awesome! So so happy to hear that you enjoy the parfait!
I love yogurt parfaits for breakfast or as a snack and this is my new GO-TO recipe! SO GOOD and delicious!
Enjoyed this for breakfast this morning and it did not disappoint! Quick, easy and refreshing; a great way to start my day!
So once I made your granola recipe I went searching for ways I could eat it and this recipe was perfect! My kids loved this parfait as an after school snack.