Baked homemade granola is naturally sweetened with the perfect amount of crunch. It is completely customizable for a go-to pantry staple.
Snacks like Peanut Butter Snack Bites and Homemade Graham Crackers are some of my favorites, but homemade granola is my go to! It’s also perfect for breakfast with some yogurt or with Strawberry Fruit Leather . The best part is that it is super easy to make!
Sweet & crunchy snack
One of my favorite healthy snacks is some vanilla yogurt topped with strawberries and THIS homemade granola. Granola gives it that sweet crunch that is so tasty and satisfying.
Granola can be pricey at the store, so whenever you can, try to make your own at home. You’ll save a lot of money! And I bet it will taste better than store bought.
You can put granola on pretty much anything. It’s one of those foods that is yummy on lots of things. It’s also pretty healthy and a good source of protein. I’m always looking to get more protein and granola definitely helps with that.
This recipe makes 10 servings so you can always have some on hand for breakfast, snacks, or anything you want!
How to Make Granola
PREP. Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
COATING. In a saucepan combine the sugar, honey, and oil. Stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
COMBINE. Add oats to a mixing bowl. Pour honey mixture over the oats. Add cinnamon and salt. Stir everything together until evenly coated.
BAKE. Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet and gently press down. Bake for 1 hour. Stir the mixture every 15-20 minutes.
COOL. Remove and allow the mixture to cool completely in the pan. Break apart and Enjoy.
This homemade granola recipe is for a plain granola. You can easily add other ingredients to create a flavored granola. Here are some yummy variations:
- Nuts: pecans, slivered almonds, peanuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts Mix in before baking
- Chia Seeds: Mix in before baking
- Unsweetened coconut: sprinkle it on halfway through the baking time and mix it.
- Dried fruit: cranberries, raisins, dried cherries, dried apricots. Add once the granola has been baked.
- Chocolate: Add Mini M&M’s or Mini Chocolate chips after the granola has baked and cooled.
Ingredient Tips + Storing info
- Oats: Be sure that you use old fashioned oats. They are the right size and texture to make granola. Stay away from quick oats and steel cut oats.
- Honey: Honey can be switched with maple syrup at a 1:1 ratio.
- Spices: I like the flavor of cinnamon and it pairs well with other ingredients such as yogurt. However, you can use your favorite such as allspice or nutmeg.
STORE homemade granola in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks. Granola can be stored at room temperature or the fridge.
For longer storage, FREEZE it in a freezer Ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
For More Oat Recipes try:
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- Oatmeal Pie
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Date Balls
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Yogurt Parfait
Homemade Granola Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, honey, and oil. Stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Add oats to a mixing bowl. Pour honey mixture over the oats. Add cinnamon and salt. Stir everything together until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet and gently press down.
- Bake for 1 hour. Stir the mixture every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and allow the mixture to cool completely in the pan.
- Break apart and Enjoy.