Crunchy Granola That Is Healthy And Naturally Sweetened. Perfect For Breakfast, Lunches, And Snacks and easily customized based on the ingredients you love most.
One of my favorite healthy snacks is some vanilla yogurt topped with strawberries and THIS homemade granola. Granola gives it that sweet crunch that is so tasty and satisfying. Granola can be pricey at the store so whenever you can, try to make your own at home. You’ll save a lot of money! And I bet it will taste better than store bought.
You can put granola on pretty much anything. It’s one of those foods that is yummy on lots of things. It’s also pretty healthy and a good source of protein. I’m always looking to get more protein and granola definitely helps with that.
This recipe makes 10 servings so you can always have some on hand for breakfast, snacks, or anything you want!
How to Make Granola
This granola recipe is sweetened naturally with maple syrup and honey. I also love the pineapple juice flavor in it too. Sometimes I make this recipe without the dried cranberries and apricots to keep it a little more plain. But I love it both ways!
- To start, preheat your oven to 300 degrees and grease a jelly-roll pan.
- Mix together the oats, almonds, pecans, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the honey, syrup, pineapple juice, and almond extract.
- Then pour everything out onto your pan and spread it evenly around.
- Bake this in the oven for about 45 minutes. Every 15 minutes take it out and stir the granola around a bit. This will make sure it’s cooked evenly throughout.
Remove granola from the oven and if you want you can now add the cranberries and apricots. Let the granola cool completely and store it in air tight containers or bags.
Did you know making your own granola would be so easy?? I love this recipe!
For more simple snack recipes, check out:
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almonds, pecans, sugar, and salt.
- Add syrup, honey, juice, and almond extract; stir to combine. evenly spread mixture onto a sprayed jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 300°, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in cranberries and apricots. C[/timer]ool completely. Store in an air tight container or bag.
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 10
- ANY CHANGES MADE: added more brown sugar and almond extract
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Adapted from myrecipes.com