Hearty banana oatmeal pancakes that make the most delicious breakfast! Topped with fresh fruit and a little maple syrup! Absolutely divine!
I am always in the mood for a big stack of pancakes. My kids are constantly requesting them and I can never say no. Especially these banana oatmeal pancakes.
These banana oatmeal pancakes are simply AH-mazing. They turn out fluffy in the middle with just a slight crisp on the outside. Everything you want in a pancake. They pair perfectly with sliced bananas, berries, and some maple syrup.
INGREDIENTS + How to Make
Start by mixing your dry ingredients together in a large bowl:
- baking powder
In another bowl mix up the wet ingredients:
- mashed bananas
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Try not to over mix it! Set the batter aside and let it rest for 5 minutes.
While the batter is resting, melt the butter on the griddle while it heats up. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle. When the pancake starts to bubble on top, flip it over and cook until golden brown.
Tips for making these pancakes:
- If you prefer, you can make the batter in a blender! Just combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Don’t forget to let the batter rest! It helps activate the leavening agents and thicken up the batter. This little insider tip will give you light and fluffy pancakes! YES.
- Make sure your griddle is hot before you cook the pancakes. This will help them cook evenly throughout.
VARIATIONS, STORING + SERVING
Can these be made without eggs? Yes- just leave out the egg! The bananas and oatmeal keep everything together in this batter so the egg isn’t entirely necessary.
How to store banana oatmeal pancakes? How to freeze? We love to make a big batch of these pancakes and whatever is leftover- we just freeze for later! So easy. Throw them into a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat them again- just reheat in the toaster or microwave!
What to serve with? Toppings for pancakes are my favorite. Endless possibilities! Here are a few of our favorites:
- maple syrup
- fresh berries
- sliced bananas
- powdered sugar
- different flavored jams
- blueberry sauce
We hope you love these hearty pancakes. They’re great any morning and are so flavorful and delicious!!
For more pancake recipes, check out:
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
- White Chocolate Berry Pancakes
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, banana and oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let batter rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Melt butter on griddle and pour batter in 1/4 cups onto hot griddle. When there are bubbles on top, flip over and cook until golden brown.