Who here loves the chocolate and mint combo? I’ve loved it ever since I can remember. I had first heard about the “grasshopper” flavor when I had gone to an ice cream shop with friends, as a teenager, and saw they had grasshopper shakes. I was told it was the chocolate and mint combo and since I already loved Mint Chocolate chip, I knew I had to give it a go. LOVED it! Since then, I’ve shared loads of mint and chocolate treats here on the site, like Mint M&M Oreo Cookies and Grasshopper Trifle (both delicious!!)
Today I am sharing another mint and chocolate treat, for Grasshopper Parfaits. Yes, layers of goodness to enjoy any time of the year!! This particular recipe includes chopped Andes, Oreos, chocolate pudding, and mint whipped cream. All of these ingredients together make this a delicious dessert everyone loves!
And I’m not why this is, but since this is served in layers in a clear cup, it looks fancier than typical desserts (but doesn’t require the work of fancy recipes). Long story short, it looks like a million bucks and is perfect to serve at any occasion!!MY OTHER RECIPES
This Grasshopper Parfait is a new favorite, but we do suggest serving it in smaller cups. We wanted it to look nice and pretty for the pics but realized it was a lot of treat in one cup so we’d probably use just the smaller clear plastic cups in the future. 😉
- 15 OREO Cookies, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- ANDES chocolates, chopped
- 2 - 3.9 oz. packages JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 4 cups cold milk
- few drops green food coloring
- mint flavoring
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping or whipped cream
- Additional Oreos and Andes for garnish on top
- Combine chopped cookies and Andes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mixed and and milk. Let stand 5 min.
- While pudding is setting, mix food coloring and mint into whipped cream until blended.
- Layer chocolate pudding, whipped cream, cookie/chocolate mix into cups and repeat layers.
- Top with whole Oreo and Andes and refrigerate 30 minutes. ENJOY!
Here is another favorite Grasshopper treat we love:
For more chocolate and mint treats, check out: