Grasshopper Parfait includes layers of creamy chocolate pudding, mint whipped cream, and crushed Oreos and Andes. It’s simple and delish!
andes mint parfait
I’ve loved mint and chocolate ever since I can remember. As a teenager I learned that “grasshopper” meant mint and chocolate, and I was hooked. Since then, I’ve shared loads of mint and chocolate treats here on the site, like Mint M&M Oreo Cookies and Grasshopper Trifle (both delicious!!)
Today I am sharing another mint and chocolate treat, for Grasshopper Parfaits. Yes, layers of goodness to enjoy any time of the year!! This particular recipe includes chopped Andes, Oreos, chocolate pudding, and mint whipped cream. All of these ingredients together make this a delicious dessert everyone loves!
Since this is served in layers in a clear cup, it looks fancier than typical desserts (but doesn’t require the work of fancy recipes). Long story short, it looks like a million bucks and is perfect to serve at any occasion!! Next time I might try smaller plastic cups, there is quite a bit in that cup!
COOKIES & MINTS. Combine chopped cookies and Andes. Set aside.
PUDDING. In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mixed and and milk. Let stand 5 min.
WHIPPED CREAM. While pudding is setting, mix food coloring and mint into whipped cream until blended.
LAYER. Layer chocolate pudding, whipped cream, cookie/chocolate mix into cups and repeat layers. Top with whole Oreo and Andes and refrigerate 30 minutes. ENJOY!
variations + Storing Info
- Use pistachio pudding instead of green cool whip
- Top with chocolate cake crumbles
- Add crushed cocoa puffs
- Add chocolate rice krispies
- Use mint Oreos
- Use York Peppermint Patties
- Replace with thin mints
- Top with festive green sprinkles
If you are worried about the Oreos getting soft if you STORE the grasshopper parfaits premade I would lean towards preparing them right before serving. If you want to get ahead and get everything prepped before your event keep everything covered and in separate containers in the fridge.
I would avoid trying to FREEZE these parfaits because you risk them getting freezer-burn and the texture is likely to change after freezing and thawing.
For more chocolate and mint treats, check out:
Grasshopper Parfait Recipe
- 15 OREO Cookies Chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- ANDES Chocolates chopped
- 7.8 oz JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding 2 - 3.9 packages
- 4 cups cold milk
- green food coloring
- mint flavoring
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIPPED Whipped Topping or whipped cream
- Additional Oreos and Andes fro garnish on top
- Combine chopped cookies and Andes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mixed and milk. Let stand 5 min.
- While pudding is setting, mix food coloring and mint into whipped cream until blended.
- Layer chocolate pudding, whipped cream, cookie/chocolate mix into cups and repeat layers.
- Top with whole Oreo and Andes and refrigerate 30 minutes. ENJOY!