Andes mint cookies are chocolate and mint perfection. The best part is they are crazy quick & easy to make!!
Like Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Andes mint cookies combine my two favorite flavors for one great cookie. If you love chocolate and mint as much as me, be sure to give Easy Mint Brownies a try as well!
Chocolate & Mint Heaven
My SIL, Karlie, made these Chocolate Andes Mint cookies for our annual cookie exchange and boy were they tasty!
I’ve always been a fan of all things chocolate and mint and love the combo for these sweet treats. The greatest part is it’s another cake mix recipe which means it’s super simple and is very easy to throw together. That makes them perfect for a quick cookie to gift, share, or enjoy!
If you love chocolate and mint (and ANDES) you will love these cookies – YUM!! They are definitely one of my favorites now.
Easy cake mix cookies
MIX. In a bowl, mix cake mix oil and eggs.
BAKE. Use cookie scoop to spoon dough out onto greased baking sheet. Pat down a bit so they are not as rounded. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes.
GARNISH. While cookies are still hot sprinkle Andes bits over the top. Let melt for a few minutes and then spread over the cookie top using the back of a spoon.
tips + storing info
- Add the chocolates to the top of the cookies immediately after they come out of the oven. Don’t wait for them to cool. The hot cookies will melt the chocolate so you can spread it
- Use either the Andes baking bits or the chopped Andes mints
- If you can’t find the Andes mints then you can add ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract to the batter before baking and then melt chocolate on the top after the cookies come out of the oven.
- Do NOT mix the cake according to the directions on the box. Use only the cake mix powder along with the ingredients for these cookies.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If making cookies in advance, cool and store at room temperature in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. I would only make them 1 day in advance so they are served as fresh as possible.
To FREEZE these cookies place them in an airtight container or wrap them in plastic wrap, but only after they have cooled completely. Freeze them for up to 1 month in a freezer Ziploc. Before serving let them thaw at room temperature or in the fridge. Reheat them in the oven for a couple minutes to warm them up.
You can choose to chill the dough before scooping and serving. Chill, covered, for anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 days.
For More Cake Mix Treats try:
- Mississippi Mud Cake
- Chocolate Chip M&M Cake Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Gooey Butter Cookies
Chocolate Andes Mint Cookie Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix or Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Andes Baking Bits
- In a bowl, mix cake mix oil and eggs.
- Use cookie scoop to spoon dough out onto greased baking sheet. Pat down a bit so they are not as rounded.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes.
- While cookies are still hot sprinkle Andes bits over the top. Let melt for a few minutes and then spread over the cookie top using the back of a spoon.