This delicious pumpkin dump cake recipe is complete with all the fall flavors, pumpkin, pecan, and cinnamon spice. With how easy it is, you’ll be making this cake all fall long!
BEST Pumpkin Dump Cake
It’s PUMPKIN time!! We’re officially sharing our FIRST pumpkin recipe of the season, and I couldn’t be more excited. It means pumpkin and soup recipes will be popping up everywhere and fall is on it’s way! I love this time of year because I love the holidays and they literally make me giddy with excitement.
Today’s recipe is one my aunt’s hubby shared with me last year. We had stopped by on Thanksgiving to say hi and she had made it for her family and insisted I try it. I’m a recent pumpkin convert but was excited to give this a try, and immediately fell in love. It’s a Pumpkin Dump Cake, and I knew I needed the recipe in my life. I took a picture of it so I wouldn’t forget, and made sure I shared it with all of you this year.
Mix pumpkin, milk, ginger, cloves, sugar, eggs and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 pan.
How to Make Pumpkin Dump Cake:
“Dump” cakes are as easy as they sound! You literally mix everything together, dump it in a pan, dump some yellow cake mix on top, and then dump some butter on top. Hence the name. 😉 Sounds easy enough right? Here are the pumpkin dump cake ingredients needed:
- canned pumpkin
- evaporated milk
- ground cloves
- yellow cake mix
- chopped pecans
From there, just follow these easy directions to make this pumpkin cake:
- Mix together the pumpkin, milk, ginger, cloves, sugar, eggs and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix and chopped pecans (if you want pecans) on top.
- Cut the butter very thin and place the slices all over cake mix.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350° and serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. ENJOY!
Who would have thought you could make a delicious pumpkin cake with yellow cake mix? Especially just by sprinkling it on top! I’ll be the first to assure you that way it bakes into the pumpkin mixture and pecans is absolutely divine!
Sprinkle cake mix and chopped pecans on top. Cut butter very thin and layer all over cake mix and pecans.
You may have already tried a recipe similar to this, but I’m so glad I was finally introduced last year. If you’re a pumpkin lover or know of one, this simple recipe will definitely be a winner. Top with whipped cream or ice cream and I promise you’ll be in fall heaven. 🙂
For more pumpkin cake recipes, check out:
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese frosting
- Magic Pumpkin Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Pumpkin Salted Caramel Cake
Pumpkin Cake VIDEO:
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
Try this fall dump cake variation - Pumpkin Dump Cake! This delicious pumpkin dump cake recipe is complete with all the fall flavors, pumpkin, pecan, and cinnamon spice.
- 30 oz pumpkin canned
- 16 oz evaporated milk
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter
Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, ginger, cloves, sugar, eggs and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix and chopped pecans on top.
- Cut butter very thin and cover all over cake mix.
Bake for 1 hour and serve warm with whipped cream. ENJOY!