This Pumpkin Lasagna dessert is stacked with the most delicious layers – a Pumpkin Oreo crust, cream cheese layer, pumpkin pudding layer, and topped off with cream and white chocolate curls.
layered pumpkin dessert
Some of the most popular recipes on this site are pumpkin recipes, which tells me you guys LOVE pumpkin!
With that in mind, I have to make sure I’m providing loads of delicious, mouth-watering pumpkin desserts to keep you guys coming back. I’m hoping I’ve done that for you, and I think it’s working because I’m officially a pumpkin dessert convert myself.
Recently, all I want is pumpkin! My favorite pumpkin recipe so far has to be today’s recipe for Pumpkin Lasagna. It’s very similar to the White Chocolate Lasagna and Lemon Lasagna I’ve posted on the site – it’s just a pumpkin version.
Layering your pumpkin Lasagna
This Pumpkin Lasagna dessert is composed of three luscious layers, each one just as tasty as the next.
The crust is made from a combination of Golden Oreos and Pumpkin Oreos (or gingersnaps works great too!).
Next is a creamy cheesecake type layer, then a delightful pumpkin spice pudding layer, and finally whipped topping and white chocolate curls.
Here’s how to create this wonderful concoction:
OREO CRUST. Crush your Oreos, or put them in a food processor for finely crushed Oreos. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan, and make sure it covers the entire pan.
CHEESECAKE LAYER. Blend together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and ½ of the cool whip to make your cream cheese layer. Pour over the Oreo crust.
PUMPKIN PUDDING. Make the pumpkin pudding by whisking together the milk and instant pudding. Whisk until pudding thickens. Pour over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
WHIPPED TOPPING. Top off with the remaining Cool Whip, or homemade whipped cream, and add white chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Homemade Pumpkin Pudding
Just in case you have a hard time finding the instant pumpkin pudding mix, here is a homemade recipe you can use to take place of the pumpkin pudding (mixed with milk) layer:
- 1 – 5.1 oz. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 – 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Mix pudding mix and evaporated milk together and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Add puree and pumpkin pie spice and whisk together and use for the pumpkin pudding layer in this dessert. 😉
Pumpkin CHEESECAKE Lasagna FAQ
Can you make this ahead of time? Yes – we usually make this 24 hours in advance. The chocolate curls are fine being added before refrigerating too. Just be sure to cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
What if I can’t find Pumpkin Oreos? You can use just golden Oreos instead of a combination, or substitute the Oreos entirely for graham crackers or gingersnaps. All of them are tasty options!
What’s the best way to make chocolate curls? We make them using a potato peeler. We buy a bar of white chocolate and shave the sides with the potato peeler which makes beautiful curls. They’re fragile so try not to handle too much.
I’m happy to report that everyone who tried this pumpkin cheesecake lasagna loved it!! In fact, I took some over to my cousin’s family (because the hubby and I were eating the whole thing by ourselves) and her husband wasn’t too happy with me after he ended up eating several pieces. LOL!
If you love pumpkin and love layered desserts, I definitely think you should give this one a try. It is sure to be a hit at your next get together!
For more pumpkin desserts, check out:
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Delight
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Marble Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Lasagna Recipe
- 2 rows golden Oreos
- 2 rows pumpkin Oreos or crushed Gingersnaps
- 8 TB unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz PHILADELPHIA cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 16 oz container cool whip divided, or use whipped cream
- 2 3.4 oz packages of pumpkin instant pudding
- 3 c milk
- white chocolate bar to make curls with - I use vanilla candy coating
- Begin by crushing your Oreos. For a very fine mixture, place Oreos in your food processor. Place in a ziploc baggie and add your melted butter. Mix until it is well combined.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan spreading out to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and ½ of the cool whip. Blend well and pour over your Oreo Crust.
- In another bowl, make your pudding by adding your milk to your bowl and instant pudding. Whisk together until pudding thickens. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- Top off with the rest of your Cool Whip. Add white chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. ENJOY!
- 1 - 5.1 oz. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 - 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- I’d use Golden Oreos and add a little bit of Pumpkin Pie Spice OR use crushed Gingersnaps
- A graham cracker or gingersnap crust on this dessert would be great too.