Thick and fudgy easy mint brownies are filled with creamy mints. They are decadent and only require a few ingredients!
Chocolate & Mint
Melissa from Bless this Mess has an over the top delish recipe for mint brownies. They are SO easy you might consider them a “cheater recipe”.
Homemade is always better, but sometimes life just needs simplifying. This is the perfect recipe to make in a pinch because it not only tastes amazing, but it comes together in a snap!
Chocolate and mint are a classic and crazy delish combination. I try to keep these simple ingredients so I am always available to whip up some brownies in a pinch! Most of these ingredients you can find at the dollar store, bonus!!!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
To make fudgy brownies instead of cakey brownies don’t overbeat the batter or overbake it. Make it a little bit under even because then its fudgy, soft, and falling apart.
To get more mint flavor:
- Crush or chop up additional thin mints and mix in the brownie batter to further distribute the mint flavor
- Top the batter with chopped thin melts and have them melt on top of the brownies for super minty bits
- For super minty flavor add peppermint extract
- Mix in mint chips
- Drizzle hot fudge sauce on top
- Top with whipped cream
- Spread mint frosting on top
Storing + Freezing
STORE brownies in an airtight bag/container at room temperature for up to a week to avoid them from hardening.
Wrap individual brownies in a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil FREEZE in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. You can also wrap an entire pan of brownies the same way.
Other mint treats:
- Mint chocolate chip cookies
- Oreo chocolate mint candy cups
- Thin mint stuffed gooey chocolate cookies
- Double chocolate mint cookies
- Mint Trifle
Mint Brownies Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 dish with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Make brownies as instructed on the box and bake in the 9×13 dish.
- Beat the powdered sugar, butter, mint extract, food coloring and milk until smooth in a medium bowl. Spread evenly over the cooled brownies (we add dollops all over the top to make it easier to spread).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter until smooth. Spread over. the mint layer, cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Let set out for 20-30 minutes before cutting into squares.