Chewy Fudgy Oreo Brownies are topped with chocolatey cream cheese frosting and a layer of Oreos in between!
BEST Oreo stuffed Brownies
This past Sunday I was assigned to bring a dessert to my family’s. I was hoping to find something really easy and saw this recipe from AllRecipes that I knew I wanted to try. Being long time fans of OREOS and BROWNIES, I knew they’d be a hit.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t stop just there and had to make a frosting to go with them – since everything is better with frosting! Am I right?!
We love that the recipe ended up being so simple and that it combined all the delicious-ness of OREOS with chewy, fudgy brownies. Adding the creamy frosting on top with crushes Oreos took it to a whole new level, making it a new family favorite.
We almost always have Brownie mix and OREOS on hand, so you better believe this will be a go-to. It’s perfect served on its own or with ice cream. YUMMY!!!
How to Make Oreo Brownies
PREP. Preheat oven to 350.
BROWNIES. Prepare brownies as directed on package. Pour 2/3 the batter into greased pan. Place 12 – 15 Oreos on top and pour the remaining batter over it. Bake.
FROSTING. Once brownies are cool, melt chocolate chips and cream cheese in a small pot until combined well. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and stir together.
ENJOY!! Pour frosting over brownies and top with remaining Oreos that are crushed. ENJOY!
With there being so many different types of OREOS, we can’t wait to change things up with the different cookies. We think all of these would be amazing…
- Golden Oreos
- Mint Oreos
- Peanut Butter Oreos
- Birthday Cake Oreos
- Mega Stuffed Oreos
Some other easy ways to change this treat include:
- Different types of brownie mix
- Add chocolate chips to the batter
- Sprinkle mini chocolate candies or festive sprinkles on top
- You can even combine the different aspects like using peanut butter stuffed Oreos, adding peanut butter chips to the batter and sprinkling Reeses pieces to the tops along with crushed PB Oreos.
Tips + Storing INfo
- I used an 8×8 pan size for these brownies because I wanted enough batter to thoroughly envelope the Oreos. You will want to refer to the back of your box for bake times when using other size pans.
- If you want to have thinner brownies and bake them in a 9×13 pan you definitely can. I would then double the amount of frosting ingredients so you’ll have enough to spread over the larger surface area.
Like other brownies, these store really well. STORE in an airtight container and they’ll easily last for 4 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge.
To FREEZE, wrap them individually with plastic wrap and store them together in a Freezer Ziploc for up to 2 months in the freezer.
For more brownie recipes, check out:
- Easy Mint Brownies
- Samoa Fudge Brownies
- Reese’s Brownies
- Buckeye Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- M&M Brownies
Oreo Brownie Recipe
- 1 18.25 oz. Brownie Mix Package
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 20 OREOS divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare brownies as directed on package. Pour 2/3 the batter into greased pan. Place 12 - 15 Oreos on top and pour the remaining batter over it. Bake.
- Once brownies are cool, melt chocolate chips and cream cheese in a small pot until combined well. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and stir together.
- Pour frosting over brownies and top with remaining Oreos that are crushed. ENJOY!