Easy & simply delicious Nutella Brownies are a chocolate lover’s dream. Every bite is rich and creamy and just melts in your mouth.
We really think you are going to love the Nutella and brownie combo. It’s seriously AMAZING!! For more Nutella recipes try No Bake Strawberry Nutella Cheesecakes, Nutella Cheesecake Fruit Dip, Nutella Cinnamon Rolls, and Nutella Cheesecake Bars.
We are big fans of Nutella at our house. I think my kids would eat it straight from the jar if I’d let them. But of course I don’t. I prefer using it in yummy treats like these Nutella Brownies. Fudgy brownies topped with a layer of Nutella fudge? Yes please!
They are rich, chewy, and SO delicious. If you love that hazelnut spread, you will LOVE these brownies.
These brownies are actually very easy to make. You start with a basic brownie recipe and spread it in an 8″ pan. Just make sure you line the pan with foil so that you can lift them out for easy cutting later on.
How to make Nutella Brownies
PREP. Line a square 8″ pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350°.
BROWNIES. Melt butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the flour and salt.
BAKE. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
TOPPING. Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl. Microwave till smooth and shiny, stirring every 30 seconds.
COOL & SERVE! Pour fudge mixture over brownies and smooth evenly. Let sit for several hours or till set. Use foil to remove brownies from pan. Cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
It’s pretty rich, so I cut mine pretty small. You can always go back for seconds. 😉
Tips, Variations + SToring INfo
You can use normal unsweetened cocoa, dutch process cocoa, or dark chocolate cocoa.
Wait at least 30 minutes before adding the fudge Nutella topping.
Melted butter gives moisture, but not too much lift, which is really good for fudgy brownies because you want it more dense than fluffy.
- Make them Nutella stuffed brownies, you just need to make two pans of brownies and make a sandwich with the brownies and fudge filling.
- Add chocolate chips to the brownie batter
- Add festive holiday sprinkles to the top
- Sprinkle the top with a bit of sea salt
Brownies are normally kept at room temperature. Since these brownies are more like fudge I like to STORE them in the fridge. I love cold fudge! Whether stored in the fridge or at room temperature be sure to keep them in an airtight container so they don’t dry out. Brownies should stay fresh for 2-3 days and are edible for even longer. Separate layers with wax or parchment paper.
If you want to make these ahead of time, or store leftovers for later, all you need to do is allow the brownies to cool and set. Separate layers with parchment paper and place in an airtight freezer safe container. FREEZE for up to 3 months.
And for more Brownie recipes, check out:
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Frosted Berry Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- Buckeye Brownies
Nutella Fudge Brownies recipe
Nutella Fudge Topping
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 pinch salt
- Line a square 8" pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For topping, combine all ingredients in a glass bowl. Microwave till smooth and shiny, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour fudge mixture over brownies and smooth evenly. Let sit for several hours or till set.
- Use foil to remove brownies from pan. Cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.