This Strawberry Nutella Pizza is an easy dessert recipe that will wow your guests! There are so many great flavors in this treat—bananas, strawberries, sliced almonds, nutella, and powdered sugar!
Delicious Dessert Pizza
Hi there, it’s Kara from Creations by Kara with another delectable treat that you don’t want to miss! Have you ever tried dessert pizza? If not, you are missing out big time! I have a recipe for Cinnamon Crumb Pizza that my family goes crazy for.
Well, I’m adding another fabulous dessert pizza recipe to my collection. I tried a Strawberry Nutella Pizza at a blog convention a few weeks ago. It was at an Italian restaurant with a dozen other ladies, and we were all drooling over this sinfully delicious treat!
I saw fresh strawberries at the grocery store a few days later, and I just knew I had to try and re-create the recipe at home. It took three tries, but I finally came up with a winning recipe. My family downed the entire pizza in a matter of minutes. It is heavenly!!
How to Make Nutella Pizza
This dessert pizza is super easy to prepare, and you start by cooking your crust. I don’t have a fire brick oven, so I couldn’t get the blackened crust that the restaurant pizza had, but this was almost as good.
CRUST. I learned that for best results, you need to use a pizza stone, preheat it with the oven, and cook it at the highest temperature possible. For my oven that was 500°. If you don’t have a stone, you can use a pan, the crust just won’t be quite as awesome.
TOPPINGS. After your crust is browned, layer on a few slices of bananas and fresh strawberries, drizzle with Nutella, then sprinkle with sliced almonds. If you want to get really fancy, you can sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top.
More toppings to choose from:
- Cream cheese spread
- Other berries like blueberries and raspberries
- Chopped nuts
- Coconut flakes
- Mini chocolate chips
Tips, Making Ahead, + Storing
A few tips to keep in mind when making this recipe…
- If you don’t have time to make a homemade crust, you can use a pre-made store bought pizza crust.
- Roll your crust onto a piece of parchment paper and place the dough and paper right on top of the pizza stone to bake.
- You can either serve your nutella pizza warm or cold.
Storage: You can store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for 1-2 days. After that the strawberries will become too soggy.
Ahead of time: You can make the crust ahead of time and store it to be topped later. Once the crust has cooled wrap the untopped crust in plastic wrap. Store at room temperature for 2-3 days or wrap again with aluminum foil and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw before topping.
For more Nutella recipes, check out:
- Nutella Brownies
- Nutella Cookies
- No-Bake Strawberry Nutella Cheesecakes
- Nutella Fruit Dip
- Nutella Cinnamon Rolls
Strawberry Nutella Pizza Recipe
- 1 small banana sliced
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 2 tbsp almonds sliced
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- powdered sugar optional
- Mix yeast, sugar, and warm water in a mixing bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Add salt, oil, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead a few times on a floured countertop just till smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion into an 11-12" circle.
- Place on a pizza stone or cookie sheet. Poke all over with a fork. Bake at 500° for about 8-10 minutes, or till browned.
- Top each pizza with half of the sliced bananas, half of the sliced strawberries, and half of the sliced almonds. Warm the Nutella slightly in a glass bowl in the microwave, then drizzle evenly over both pizzas. (I like to put it in a ziplock bag, then snip the corner to drizzle.)
- Top with powdered sugar if desired. Serve immediately.