Hi there, it’s Kara from Creations by Kara with another delectable treat that you don’t want to miss! Have you ever tried dessert pizza? If not, you are missing out big time! I have a recipe for Cinnamon Crumb Pizza that my family goes crazy for.
Well, I’m adding another fabulous dessert pizza recipe to my collection. I tried a Strawberry Nutella Pizza at a blog convention a few weeks ago. I was at an Italian restaurant with a dozen other ladies, and we were all drooling over this sinfully delicious treat!
I saw fresh strawberries at the grocery store a few days later, and I just knew I had to try and re-create the recipe at home. It took three tries, but I finally came up with a winning recipe. My family downed the entire pizza in a matter of minutes. It is heavenly!!
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¾ cup warm water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½- 2 cups flour
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- ½ cup Nutella
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Mix yeast, sugar, and warm water in a mixing bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Add salt, oil, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead a few times on a floured countertop just till smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion into an 11-12" circle.
- Place on a pizza stone or cookie sheet. Poke all over with a fork. Bake at 500° for about 8-10 minutes, or till browned.
- Top each pizza with half of the sliced bananas, half of the sliced strawberries, and half of the sliced almonds. Warm the Nutella slightly in a glass bowl in the microwave, then drizzle evenly over both pizzas. (I like to put it in a ziplock bag, then snip the corner to drizzle.)
- Top with powdered sugar if desired. Serve immediately.
This dessert pizza is super easy to prepare, and you start by cooking your crust. I don’t have a fire brick oven, so I couldn’t get the blackened crust that the restaurant pizza had, but this was almost as good. I learned that for best results, you need to use a pizza stone, preheat it with the oven, and cook it at the highest temperature possible. For my oven that was 500°. If you don’t have a stone, you can use a pan, the crust just won’t be quite as awesome.
After your crust is browned, layer on a few slices of bananas and fresh strawberries, drizzle with Nutella, then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Love fresh strawberries? Here are a couple more tasty recipes:
Okay, this looks dangerously amazing….
I don’t know if I should try this recipe cause I’d probably eat it ALL. Thanks for sharing Kara!!
For more awesome recipes, go visit her over at Creations by Kara!
And for all kinds of other pizza recipes, check out these posts:
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!