Fudgy and rich M&M brownies are packed with chocolate flavor! They are filled with chocolate chips AND M&Ms for indulgent perfection.
We are all fans of these M&M brownies at our house. They are a regularly requested treat right along with these other candy filled goodies: M&M Cookies, M&M Cookie Cake and M&M Cookie Bars.
Fudgy + Chocolatey
I love chocolate! It is my fav indulgence, and these fudgy M&M filled brownies definitely hit the spot.
These Brownies are chocolate on chocolate on chocolate. Not only is the batter rich and delicious, but they are jammed pack full of chocolate chips AND M&Ms!!! What’s NOT to love about them?!
They are the perfect dessert to bring to pot-lucks or BBQs, bake sales, or just the perfectly sweet end to a family night.
The best part is you can switch it up easily by changing the M&M flavor or with other yummy add-ins!
how to make M&M fudge Brownies
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
WET INGREDIENTS. Add the melted butter, oil and sugars to a medium bowl. Whisk well, then add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk for 2 additional minutes.
DRY INGREDIENTS. Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a separate bowl.
M&Ms. Pour the dry mixture into the bowl with the wet mixture. Fold the ingredients until just combined. Add ½ c chocolate chips, ¼ c mini M&M’s and ¼ c regular M&M’s and fold into the batter until evenly distributed.
BAKE. Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining M&Ms evenly over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is cooked through and no longer jiggles. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan before lifting them out and cutting.
Tip: Use a plastic knife to cut the M&M fudge brownies. It’ll slice right through them.
Tips + Variations
M&M Variations: There are so many M&M flavors out there that you can use to change these up a bit.
- Try using peanut butter M&Ms and incorporate peanut butter chips.
- You can use caramel M&Ms along with adding caramel chips or top with a caramel drizzle
- Mint M&Ms and use chopped Andes mints instead of Chocolate Chips in the batter
- Increase the Brownie flavor and use Fudge Brownies M&M’s
- Peanut and Almond M&Ms are an option though I’d cut them in half first. You can also sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the brownies
- Holiday Colors: You can stick with the regular M&M flavors and just purchase the current holiday colors.
I used a metal pan to bake the brownies. But if you choose to use a glass or ceramic dish you may want to add a few extra minutes to the bake time since those dishes tend to heat up and distribute heat a little differently than metal pans.
M&M brownies are such an easy treat to make and they STORE super well. I’ll sometimes take the time to make up two batches. This way the family can enjoy some now and I have plenty to be stored in the freezer for later.
Having some brownies on hand comes in handy for unexpected company or an easy treat to toss in lunch boxes (or a late night snack for hubby and I).
STORE in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Cool and cut. Place each brownie in a fold top sandwich bag, or wrap with plastic wrap. Place them together in a freezer Ziploc. FREEZE for up to 3 months.
More M&M Treats:
- White Chocolate M&M Popcorn
- Giant M&M Cookie
- M&M Chocolate Oat Bars
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- M&M Cookie Cake
M&M Brownie Recipe
- 1 c butter melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- 1/2 c regular M&M's
- 1/2 c mini M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the melted butter, oil and sugars to a medium bowl. Whisk well, then add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk for 2 additional minutes.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a separate bowl.
- Pour the dry mixture into the bowl with the wet mixture. Fold the ingredients until just combined.
- Add ½ c chocolate chips, ¼ c mini M&M's and ¼ c regular M&M's and fold into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining M&Ms evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is cooked through and no longer jiggles.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan before lifting them out and cutting.
- Tip: Use a plastic knife to cut the brownies. It'll slice right through them.
What’s better than a brownie? An m&m brownie! The more chocolate, the better! We make these for family functions all the time!
I love how colorful m&m’s make brownies! We love doing this with the seasonal ones too!
These cookies come out perfect every time!
These brownies were such a delicious, fun treat for the kiddos. They thoroughly enjoyed them! I will be making them again soon!
Who doesn’t like a brownie filled with m&m’s? The best treat to take anywhere or just enjoy at home.
I love finding a good homemade brownie recipe. This one is a keeper and the added M&Ms were super fun.
Its a classic brownie, I love it!