These sweet and chewy M&M Cookie Bars will be your new favorite! They are perfectly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
These colorful gems are perfect for a quick & easy after-school treat, birthday cookie, party or family gathering. If you can’t get enough of these colorful M&Ms then check out Chocolate Chip M&M Cake Cookies, White Chocolate M&M Popcorn, and White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M Cookies.
Soft, Chewy + Topped with M&Ms
These are the chewiest M&M cookie bars. Covered in rainbow M&Ms they look absolutely adorable. They are most definitely kid-approved and addictive for kids and adults alike!
Making cookie bars is one of our favorite dessert recipes. They’re simple, delicious and easy to transport to parties, potlucks.
M&M Cookie Bars are soft and chewy, and are easily made with only a handful of ingredients. If you love M&M’s, this is the ultimate treat to make.You can mix up the flavor profile by using different kinds of M&Ms…oh the possibilities!
How to Make M&M Cookie Bars
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9×9 inch baking pan.
DOUGH. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. The add the butter to a mixing bowl along with the brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Then, pour the mixture into the baking pan.
BAKE. Evenly top with the M&M’s. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cutting the cookie bars: The easiest way to cut these is to remove the block from the pan. In order to do this you’ll want to line the baking pan with parchment paper before pressing the dough in and baking. Once the cookies have baked and cooled, then simply use the parchment paper to lift out the block. Finally, use a large sharp knife to cut even squares.
Variations + Storing
This recipe is so easy to change up. From doubling the recipe to using different toppings you can really make it your own.
- Double the recipe and bake in a 9x13in pan (May need to increase bake time.)
- For thinner cookies double to recipe and bake in a 11×16 inch pan. (Reduce bake time)
- Use holiday sprinkles
- Top with Reeses pieces
- Add milk or white chocolate chips
- Use chopped candy bars like Snickers, KitKat, Milky Way
- Add chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts
TO STORE, place in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. You can place a piece of white bread in the container to help keep them soft. If you want to heat them up, just place one in the microwave for a few seconds to make it gooey and warm.
TO FREEZE, Once cooked and cooled, you can put the bars in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. I like to wrap them individually first so that I can easily put them into my kids’ lunch boxes. Bars can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw before eating.
For More Cookie Bars:
- Sugar Cookie Bar
- Cake Mix Cookie Bar
- Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bar
- Easy Lemon Bar
- Millionaire Bar
- Magic Cookie Bars
M&M Cookie Bars Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- The add the butter to a mixing bowl along with the brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Then, pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Evenly top with the M&M's. Bake for 20-25 minutes.