Hi, it’s me Lily – again!
I met my teacher on Thursday!! Her name is Ms. McCoy and two of my friends from my old school are in my class! I get to sit by one of them in class. My class is so school! My teacher decorated it so awesome. There are some toys in class too. I start school on Monday, and I’m so excited. Just 2 DAYS AWAY!
Because school is so close we’re having a party tonight with some friends. It will be great to have fun tonight before school starts.
I had fun yesterday too because I had friends over for a Baking Party. We made Giant Chewy M&M Cookies, played pretend and made masks. The cookies we made were REALLY good! I kept asking my mom if I could eat M&Ms and she let me have a few. We still have a few leftover cookies, so I hope I get one more today!
THE GAME PLAN:
If you like cookies, and you like M&Ms then you’ll LOOOOOOOVE this recipe!
These Giant M&M Cookies were soft, chewy and DELICIOUS!!
Here is what you’ll need to make them:
Giant Chewy M&M Cookies Recipe
Delicious Giant Chewy M&M Cookies - our new favorite. Easy to make and so yummy!
- 2 cup flour heaping
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 cup M&Ms regular
Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the we mixture and mix until dough forms. Use hands if needed.
- Crush 1 cup of regular M&Ms. Fold in crushed and non-crushed M&Ms to your dough.
- Decide how big you would like your cookies. I wanted giant cookies, so I made 2 inch balls. After rolling into a ball, break into equal pieces. Turn one piece rough side (what used to be the inside of the ball) down onto the greased cookie sheet. Put the other piece on top of that, rough side up. Space a few inches apart, depending on how big your cookie is. Add M&Ms on top if desired.
- Bake large cookies for 10-13 minutes and small cookies for 7-9 minutes or until the edges are golden. Centers should be soft and puffy. Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is.
This was a super easy recipe and it was SO, SO, SO good!
I hope you make this with your kids!
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
For more treats by me check out:
Stay tuned because starting next week I’ll be sharing Fall and Halloween recipes!
For all treats by Lily go HERE.
For all desserts go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Behind the Scenes:
Me and Gavin were begging for M&Ms right here!!