Mint M&M Oreo Cookies that taste JUST like Thin Mints!! The combination of the chocolate with the mint flavor make for one DELICIOUS cookie!!
Chocolate and mint!!
I was so happy to find some Green M&Ms at Wal-Mart a few weeks back. I was wanting to make some “St. Patrick’s Day Cookies” and knew they would be perfect for my creation!
The M&Ms are Mint (and Dark Chocolate), and I couldn’t resist throwing in some crushes Oreos. With those ingredients and my standard “cookie” recipe, I made some Mint M&M and Oreo Cookies.
I was quite surprised at how much I loved them. I’m not a huge dark chocolate fan, but the combination of the ingredients made me feel like I was eating Thin Mints!! Yup – the beloved Girl Scout Cookies, but in a softer, not as expensive way. 🙂
Making Mint M&M Oreo Cookies
PREP. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
WET INGREDIENTS. Cream butter, oil and sugars. Add eggs, and beat until fluffy.
DRY INGREDIENTS. Add remaining ingredients, including crushes Oreos.
BAKE. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet and add M&Ms on top pressing them in slightly. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Best way to crush Oreos: You can crush Oreos by placing them in an airtight bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or meat cleaver. Be sure that
- Use Mint Oreos
- Add in white chocolate chips
- To keep cookies soft you don’t want to overmix the batter
- You also don’t want to overbake the cookies
- Chewier: replace part or all of the white sugar with brown sugar.
STORE cookies in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature. They should keep for up to a week. Placing a piece of white bread in the container will help keep them from drying out as quickly.
- Baked Cookie: To freeze these cookies, let them cool completely and then layer them between pieces of parchment paper in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before serving.
- Dough: Scoop the dough balls onto a lined cookie sheet. Do not add M&Ms on top. Flash freeze by placing them in the freezer for a couple of hours until frozen. Transfer to a freezer safe storage container, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow dough to thaw before adding M&M’s on top and baking.
Let me know if you try these out too because they are so stinkin’ good! Plus, they’re an EASY dessert or treat for St. Patrick’s Day (gotta love green treats!!)
For variations of M&M cookies:
Mint M&M Oreo Cookies Recipe
- Cream butter, oil and sugars.
- Add eggs, and beat until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients, including crushes oreos
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheet and add M&Ms on top pressing them in slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.