Hellllllllo! It’s me, Lily – again! Have you had a great Saturday so far? I have!! We went and got Donuts at Donut Heaven, which means today has been great. 😉 Guess what I’m doing in a little bit?? I have my first Piano Recital!! I’m playing “Silent Night.” I’m a little nervous since it’s my first one but my mom says not to worry about it because I’ll do just fine. 😉 I’m very excited about it, just like today’s recipe for Peppermint Brownies.
Everyone in my family LOVED these Peppermint Brownies! They are delicious! I love the chocolate and peppermint combo. If you like that combo too and your mouth is watering, then you should try them. These treats have a brownie base, cream cheese layer and delicious chocolate topping with peppermint pieces on top. It’s great for any holiday event and especially perfect for Christmas!
The candy cane pieces on top were my favorite!! My mom says not everyone likes that crunch of the candy canes, so if you don’t you can used Andes Crushed Peppermint Pieces – they’re softer. 😉
I really hope you like this recipe, like I did!
For even more peppermint recipes, check out:
How to make Peppermint Brownies:
Layered Peppermint Brownies - a delicious treat with a brownie base, cream cheese center, and chocolate & peppermint topping!!!
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (family-size) + ingredients on the back
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 2-3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- crushed candy canes
Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare brownies as directed on box. Pour into greased 9x13 dish. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- While brownies are cooling, beat powdered sugar, ½ cup butter (softened), cream and peppermint in a large bowl. Spread evenly over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small pot melt mini chocolate chips and ½ cup butter on low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over chilled brownies.
- Sprinkle with candy cane pieces and ENJOY!
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
I LOVE peppermint!! For another FAV peppermint recipe, check out: