Whether you want cookies, cake, brownies, cheesecakes, or something else—we have all kinds of Christmas Desserts for you! Look no further for fun and festive holiday treats.
Yummy + Easy Christmas desserts
Maybe you’re throwing a Christmas party, delivering treats to neighbors, or just want to enjoy festive desserts during the holiday season! It doesn’t matter what your reason is, (do you even need a reason to make Christmas desserts?!), we have all the recipes you could possibly need!
With cookies, cakes, brownies, cheesecakes, candies, and more—there’s something for everyone to enjoy! Before we get into the details of the recipes, I have a few tips on how to turn any treat into fun and festive Christmas desserts!
- Colors: Red and green are immediately recognizable as Christmas colors. Use frosting, food coloring, or embellishments in red and green.
- Embellishments: Christmas themed sprinkles, candies, or toppers can easily be added to most desserts.
- Serving trays: There are lots of vibrant and festive Christmas trays you can display the desserts on. Make a whole spread by using themed table cloths and napkins as well!
We compiled a list of our favorite Christmas Cookies, but wanted to make sure we included a few of our favorites here too!
- Candy Cane Kiss Sugar Cookies – Sugar cookies baked with a peppermint kiss and festive sprinkles on top.
- Christmas Thumbprint Cookies – Thumbprint cookies made from a pre-made mix and filled with red and green icing.
- Holiday Blossom Cookies – Sugar cookies made from a box mix, covered in red sprinkles and topped with a candy cane Hershey’s kiss.
- Gingerbread Cookies – Classic gingerbread cookies with slightly crispy edges and a ginger molasses flavor.
- Peppermint Meltaways – Soft and buttery melt in your mouth cookies with a peppermint glaze and crushed candy canes on top.
- Christmas Cookies – Using our basic chocolate chip recipe, we dress up these cookies in a variety of ways using Christmas sprinkles, red and green M&M’s, candy canes and dipping chocolate!
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies – The softest sugar cookie with hints of peppermint and topped with a creamy peppermint frosting and candy cane pieces.
- Soft Gingersnaps – Super soft and chewy gingersnaps sprinkled with sugar. These cookies are made soft using a few secret ingredients.
Christmas Brownies and Bars
- Snickerdoodle Bars – A bar from of the classic cookie, packed with cinnamon sugar and topped with a glaze.
- Peppermint Brownies – Layered treat with a brownie base, cream cheese center, and chocolate & peppermint topping.
- Peppermint Cheesecake Bars – Creamy cheesecake bars with a hint of peppermint extract, red food coloring swirls, and topped with candy cane pieces.
- Easy Brownie Christmas Trees – Make a batch of your favorite brownies, cut it into triangles, and decorate with frosting, sprinkles, and Christmas candy.
- Frosted Holiday Mint Brownies – A batch of brownies topped with a smooth and creamy chocolate frosting, and topped with holiday peppermint M&M’s.
- Peppermint Brownie Trifle – Layers of brownie pieces and white chocolate peppermint pudding, topped with crushed candy canes.
Christmas Pies and Cheesecakes
- Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis – Mini cheesecakes with an oreo crust, chocolate cheesecake, whipped cream topping and mini marshmallows. They look like little cups of hot chocolate!
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – Oreo crust, raspberry cheesecake base, and a yummy raspberry sauce to go on top!
- Peppermint Bark Cheesecake – Three delicious layers of Oreo crust, cheesecake filling loaded with peppermint bark pieces, and white chocolate ganache—all garnished with crushed candy canes, whipped cream, and chocolate.
- Chocolate Cream Pie – Two types of chocolate in a creamy pudding, topped off with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- Turtle Cheesecake – A delicious crumbly pecan crust, chocolate cheesecake layer, and traditional cheesecake layer, topped with chocolate ganache, pecans and caramel drizzle.
- Triple Berry Pie – Homemade crust, a filling made with three different types of berries, and a crumbly cinnamon sugar oat topping. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
christmas Cake ideas
- Pistachio Cake – Festive layered treat made from crushed shortbread cookies, layers of cream cheese, pistachio pudding, cool whip, and holiday M&M’s.
- Coconut Cake – Moist coconut flavored cake topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut.
- Cream Puff Cake – A cake version of a tasty cream puff. Fluffy crust filled with pudding and whipped cream, drizzled in chocolate.
- Chocolate Lava Cake – Decadent single serving chocolate lava cakes made with only 6 ingredients.
- Chocolate Bundt Cake – Moist chocolate bundt cake topped with a chocolate ganache glaze. Great for feeding a crowd.
- German Chocolate Cake – Two layers of tender chocolate cake topped with a decadent coconut pecan frosting.
More Christmas Dessert ideas
- Peppermint Chocolate Delight – Nilla wafer crust, cream cheese layer, chocolate pudding layer, whipped cream and candy cane pieces. It’s as delightful as it sounds!
- Peppermint Chocolate Truffles – Sweet and creamy peppermint chocolate filling coated in your favorite chocolate, and decorated with chocolate drizzles, sprinkles, and crushed candy canes.
- Christmas Popcorn – Popcorn covered in vanilla candy coating, red and green candy melt drizzles, red and green M&M’s, and crushed candy canes.
- Oreo Peppermint Bark – Melted vanilla candy bark mixed with candy cane Oreos and crushed candy canes!
- Christmas Trifle – A layered dessert with chocolate cake pieces, Oreos, peppermint pudding and Peppermint Andes.
- Christmas Crack – An addicting concoction made of saltine crackers caramelized with butter and brown sugar, melted chocolate spread overtop, and Christmas sprinkles to finish it off!
- Homemade Toffee – Sweet and buttery toffee, chocolate, and crunchy pecans. Great for gifting to neighbors or enjoying for dessert.