White chocolate dipped Christmas Popcorn is drizzled with M&Ms and crushed candy canes! It’s the perfect Christmas treat for the family.
A sweet christmas treat
During the holidays we love to get together with family, play games, and just really enjoy each other’s company. One of our favorite past times is snacking! Well eating in general really. We love a good munching spread.
One of our favorite holiday snacks is Christmas popcorn. It is perfect for munching while watching a good Christmas movie. I REALLY love popcorn and Christmas so we combined two of my favorite things to make this treat!
The Christmas Popcorn has M&Ms, bits of candy cane, white chocolate and red and green drizzle all over (it’s pretty much a peppermint version of our White Chocolate M&M Popcorn). It was so good! It would be great as a Christmas snack, a gift for neighbors or even a snack for Santa instead of cookies.
Easy holiday popcorn
POPCORN. Start by popping the popcorn. When it’s done pour it into a bowl making sure no kernels are in the bowl.
CANDY COATING. Break your candy coating into squares (it makes it melt better) and place in a pan on low heat. Stir until it is all melted. Pour candy coating over the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is coated.
CANDY. Add M&Ms (however many you want) and spread out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with crushed candy canes and drizzle candy melts on top.
CHILL + SERVE. Refrigerate for a bit but take out ½ hour before you eat it so it’s not so hard. ENJOY!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Using your air popcorn maker: If you want to air-pop the popcorn to make this Christmas Treat, instead of using microwave bags, you’ll need about ¾ -1 cup of kernels.
Gifting: After you break the popcorn into chunks, divide it up into fun containers to give to neighbors. Some containers that I love using include:
- Christmas tins found at the dollar store.
- A simple brown lunch bag, fold the top and make two hole punches. Thread a ribbon through the holes to tie it closed.
- Cellophane or plastic treat bags. Tie the tops closed with festive ribbon.
- Reusable popcorn bowls. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and wrap with cellophane and a ribbon.
- Mini pretzels
- Nuts such as pecans, walnuts, peanuts
- Red and green sprinkles
- Mini marshmallows
STORE popcorn in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature. The popcorn may become slightly chewy as it can absorb some moisture from the candy coating, but it’s still delicious.
for more Popcorn Treats, check out:
- Popcorn Bars
- Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn
- Birthday Cake Popcorn
- Easy Popcorn Balls
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Christmas Popcorn Recipe
- 1-2 bags plain popcorn
- 24 oz vanilla bark or candy coating
- 1-2 cups plain christmas M&Ms
- crushed candy canes
- red candy coating
- green candy coating
- Start by popping the popcorn. When it's done pour it into a bowl making sure no kernels are in the bowl.
- Break your candy coating into squares (it makes it melt better) and place in a pan on low heat. Stir until it is all melted.
- Pour candy coating over the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is coated.
- Add M&Ms (however many you want) and spread out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top with crushed candy canes and drizzle candy melts on top.
- Refrigerate for a bit but take out ½ hour before you eat it so it's not so hard. ENJOY!