This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
White chocolate dipped Christmas Popcorn is drizzled with M&Ms and crushed candy canes! It’s the perfect Christmas treat for the family.
A sweet christmas treat
During the holidays we love to get together with family, play games, and eat yummy treats.
One of our favorite holiday snacks is Christmas popcorn. It has M&Ms, bits of candy cane, white chocolate and red and green drizzle all over (it’s pretty much a peppermint version of our White Chocolate M&M Popcorn).
We love it because:
- The perfect treat. It is perfect for munching while watching a good Christmas movie and great for gifting and for Christmas parties.
- So many varieties. Change it up with your favorite toppings like crushed toffee bits, crushed Andes or any other favorite candies.
- Delicious. With the mix of sweet and salty, it’s hard NOT to love this popcorn.
How to Make
- POPCORN. Start by popping the popcorn. When it’s done pour it into a bowl making sure no kernels are in the bowl.
- CANDY COATING. Break your candy coating into squares (it makes it melt better) and place in a pan on low heat. Stir until it is all melted. Pour candy coating over the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is coated.
- CANDY. Add M&Ms (however many you want) and spread out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with crushed candy canes and drizzle candy melts on top.
- CHILL + SERVE. Refrigerate for a bit but take out ½ hour before you eat it so it’s not so hard.
Using your air popcorn maker: If you want to air-pop the popcorn to make this Christmas Treat, instead of using microwave bags, you’ll need about ¾ -1 cup of kernels.
- Mini pretzels
- Nuts such as pecans, walnuts, peanuts
- Red and green sprinkles
- Mini marshmallows
Storing + Gifting
STORE popcorn in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature. The popcorn may become slightly chewy as it can absorb some moisture from the candy coating, but it’s still delicious.
Gifting: After you break the popcorn into chunks, divide it up into fun containers to give to neighbors. Some containers that I love using include:
- Christmas tins found at the dollar store.
- A simple brown lunch bag, fold the top and make two hole punches. Thread a ribbon through the holes to tie it closed.
- Cellophane or plastic treat bags. Tie the tops closed with festive ribbon.
- Reusable popcorn bowls. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and wrap with cellophane and a ribbon.
for more Popcorn Treats, check out:
- Popcorn Bars
- Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn
- Birthday Cake Popcorn
- Easy Popcorn Balls
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Christmas Popcorn Recipe
- 1-2 bags plain popcorn
- 24 oz vanilla bark or candy coating
- 1-2 cups plain christmas M&Ms
- crushed candy canes
- red candy coating
- green candy coating
- Start by popping the popcorn. When it's done pour it into a bowl making sure no kernels are in the bowl.
- Break your candy coating into squares (it makes it melt better) and place in a pan on low heat. Stir until it is all melted.
- Pour candy coating over the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is coated.
- Add M&Ms (however many you want) and spread out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top with crushed candy canes and drizzle candy melts on top.
- Refrigerate for a bit but take out ½ hour before you eat it so it's not so hard. ENJOY!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.