Soft and chewy Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies are festive and easy, perfect for the holidays! They bake up in under 15 minutes!
A quick Christmas Cookie
We fill our holiday season with all things Christmas and delicious, the more festive the better! Bonus if they are super easy to make and munch. If that sounds good to you, than I have the perfect cookie!
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies start with a version of our best loved Chocolate Chip Cookie with a peppermint twist! I added a bit of peppermint extract to the batter to give it an extra peppermint punch and mixed in some Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces for extra flavor. Christmas chocolate chips give it an extra festive flair!
These are mixed and baked in under 15 minutes, making them perfect for last minute guests or sharing with friends and neighbors! I know you’ll love that peppermint/chocolate combo as much as we do!
How to make Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
PREP. Preheat oven to 350° F.
WET INGREDIENTS. Cream butter, oil and sugars in your mixer. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
DRY INGREDIENTS. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt to a separate bowl and mix well. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
COMBINE. Add chocolate chips, peppermint crunch pieces, almond extract, and vanilla (add additional peppermint extract – 1 tsp. if you want it to have more peppermint taste). Mix well.
BAKE. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.
Tips + Storing Info
Chill the cookies: For this recipe you do not want to skip the chill time. Chilling the dough will help give you a soft inside and a chewy outside. Chilling the dough will also allow more time for the ingredients to “settle” and give you a perfect cookie texture. Finally, chilling the dough will help keep them from spreading in the oven.
STORE cookies in dough form to bake later or store them already baked.
- Dough: Once you have the dough mixed up you can cover it and keep it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. You can also form the dough into balls and flash freeze. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet and freeze for a few hours. Once frozen, place into an airtight freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before baking.
- Baked: Once the cookies have cooled, store them in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Toss in a piece of white bread to help keep them soft. They can also be stored in the freezer for 2-3 months.
For more yummy treats be sure to check out:
- Frosted Holiday Mint M&M Cookies
- Peppermint Meltaways
- Peppermint Chocolate Delight
- Candy Cane Oreo Peppermint Bark
- Peppermint Crunch Fudge
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream butter, oil and sugars in your mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt to a separate bowl and mix well. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips, peppermint crunch pieces, almond extract, and vanilla (add additional peppermint extract - 1 tsp. if you want it to have more peppermint taste). Mix well.
- Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.