Hi, it’s me Lily again!
On Friday I had a Lockdown Drill and it was really scary for me. We were going to hide and not talk, and if we talked you’d have 2 color changes!! I did not want that. Well, I found out that it wasn’t that scary at all. A police man came and knocked on the door in PE, and we covered the windows with paper. I put a bubble in my mouth so I wouldn’t talk. I was trying to think of my happy place so I wouldn’t be nervous. When it was done I realized it wasn’t bad at all!!
When I was thinking of my happy place during the drill, I thought of being home with mommy making something yummy like Fudge!! We decided to try a new fudge recipe cuz I was thinking about that. We made Peppermint Crunch Fudge, and I liked it SUPER MUCH! Mommy let me have 2 pieces!!
THE GAME PLAN:
We used our White Chocolate Reese Fudge and just added some other yummy peppermint treats like Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses and Andes Peppermint Crunch Bits. We hope you like this a lot.
My mom said you could use Chopped up Candy Canes, but we think the Andes Peppermint Bits are yummier and softer. I think they smell so good!!
Mommy chopped the Kisses up into fours. I unwrapped them all for her. My brother helped too!
I already asked my mom if I could have more and she said NO! Maybe I can sneak one tomorrow. 😉
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
For more yummy treats by my mommy, be sure to check out:
Peppermint Fudge VIDEO:
Peppermint Crunch Fudge Recipe
- 1 bag Candy Cane Kisses (we used about 30 pieces)
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint Baking Chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 7 oz Marshmallow Fluff
We started by peeling off all the Hershey's Kisses wrappers and cutting them in fours.
- Then we put parchment paper on the 9x9 pan. This keeps the fudge from sticking to the pan.
- Put the white chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff in a big bowl. Set aside.
- In a pan melt the sugar, heavy cream, salt and butter on medium heat until it starts to boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot stuff into the bowl of chocolate chips and mix with the mixer until it's smooth and soft.
- Mix (fold) in ¾ of the Kisses. Pour into your pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Kisses on the top along with the Andes Bits. Press down a bit. Put in the fridge for 3-5 hours to let it set. Hope you like it!
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM: