We want to share all of our best tips and tricks to help you with all your holiday meal planning.
PLAN YOUR MENU IN ADVANCE
Think about the following…
- How many courses will there be?
- How many dishes in each course?
- How many sides with your main dish?
- Can you buy any of the dishes to make cooking easier?
- Which dishes can be made AHEAD OF TIME?
- Can some of the recipes be made in the slow cooker or on the stove to free up the oven?
- Can you make food assignments to make it less overwhelming?
Answering these questions and putting together a game plan will help you come cooking time.
DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AHEAD OF TIME
Go shopping early!
Plan a cooking schedule: Work backwards from your intended serving time. Decide on the following:
- What order do the items need to be cooked?
- Can anything go in the oven at the same time?
- What can be cooked on the stove top? Crock pot?
- What can be made ahead of time? Will it need to be reheated?
Prep as many of the ingredients as possible ahead of time.
Doing these things will help your holidays be more enjoyable and less stressful!