Chewy Christmas Tree Brownies whip up in minutes and are perfectly delightful to decorate for kids of all ages.
Christmas Oreos and Christmas Sugar Cookies are sure to add a festive touch to your holiday table, along with these simple and cute Christmas Tree Brownies. Enjoy baking up holiday goodies and eating them too!
Oh boy, it’s almost holiday time – let the baking begin! Put on your apron, turn on some tunes, sing if you want (I try) and let the fun start. I so enjoy being in the kitchen and making some delightful treats for my family and friends.
The kids love helping with this recipe and it’s one that is perfect for a warm family night in! If you love fudgy brownies that are perfect for Christmas, then you definitely need to try this recipe. It’s guaranteed to be a hit with everyone who tries them.
How to Make Christmas Tree Brownies
BROWNIES. Bake brownies according to directions on the box.
SHAPE. After the brownies are baked and cooled, cut into three equal strips. Next cut into triangles (I cut off the edges of the outer edges).
FROST + DECORTATE! Mix the frosting with the food coloring and place in a small baggie and snip the edge. Now it’s time to decorate – Let the kids help too and make their own creations.
Make homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting mixed with food coloring.
Piping: you can pipe the frosting on as thick or thin as you want. You can also use different tips to add texture. If you don’t have a piping set you can use a Ziploc bag. Simply add the frosting to the bag and twist the top. Snip one corner according to the size you want the frosting to be and decorate away.
- Top with colored M&Ms.
- Sprinkles on crushed candy canes.
- Use spiced red hots.
- Decorate with colored sprinkles or non pareils.
- Pipe on mint flavored frosting.
Make these Christmas tree brownies a day ahead of time, but keep them covered until you are ready to cut and decorate them.
STORE decorated brownies in an airtight container after allowing the frosting to set. They’ll last for 2-3 days at room temperature.
FREEZE brownies by placing each tree in a fold top sandwich bag and then put them all in a freezer Ziploc. They’ll last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more Christmas Treats, check out:
Christmas Tree Brownies Recipe
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 6 candy canes
- Line a 9x9 brownie pan with foil then coat with vegetable spray
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box and bake as directed
- When done, remove from oven, let cool completely and then lift out
- Cut into three equal strips and then cut triangles
- Cut candy canes into about 2" pieces and place in end of triangle brownie
- Mix ½ can of frosting with green food coloring (about 20-25 drops)
- Place in a small baggie and snip end
- Ice on brownies as shown
- Sprinkle as desired