I think I’m slightly obsessed with trifles and mostly because I LOVE layered desserts! They are so fun to make and usually look so pretty that you almost don’t want to eat them. Fortunately, I said almost, and most people are willing to dive right in with these delicious desserts. A few years ago, I made a Grasshopper Trifle that ended up being a hit, so I thought I would make a peppermint version for a Christmas Trifle.
This trifle is a delicious combo of chocolate cake pieces, Oreos, peppermint cheesecake filling, and Peppermint Andes. If you’re like me and love the chocolate and peppermint flavor combo, then you’ll enjoy this dessert. It is cool, creamy and screams holiday goodness. It takes time to make, but it is still simple and great for upcoming holiday gatherings.
Check out the peppermint Oreos + Peppermint Andes – so good!
We all know that so many family gatherings this time of year center around food, and if you’re looking to try a new recipe, this Christmas trifle is perfect. It’s tasty and filled with so much chocolate + peppermint goodness. 🙂
For more trifle recipes, check out:
- Chocolate cake mix (with additional ingredients on back)
- 2 boxes of vanilla or white chocolate pudding (3.3 oz boxes)
- 3 cups milk
- a few drops peppermint flavoring
- Pink food coloring
- small container cool whip, divided
- 1 package of oreos (or peppermint oreos)
- 15 peppermint andes (chopped)
- Begin by making your chocolate cake according to instructions on back in a 9x13 pan.
- Once done, let cool completely and then cut into 1 - 1½ inch squares. Set aside.
- Make peppermint filling by whisking together pudding mix and milk in a large bowl. Once combined, add peppermint flavoring, pink food coloring and all but 1 cup of your cool whip. Mix well. Set aside.
- Add Oreos to a gallon bag and crush. I use a rolling pin to break them up.
- Begin layering your dessert by adding half your cake squares to the bottom. Then add half of your mint filling along with half of the crushed oreos.
- Add the rest of your cake squares, mint filling then Oreos.
- Top with the last of your cool whip and chopped Andes.
- Cool for at least 1-2 hours before serving. ENJOY!