Kellyn here with another great recipe for you. In September and October it was everything Pumpkin. This month and next will be Peppermint, of course 🙂 After all, you can’t welcome in the Christmas season without a delicious peppermint treat. I’m not crazy about plain candy canes, but there is something special about biting into a soft treat sprinkled with little crunchy bits of peppermint. These are similar to last weeks yummy post, https://lilluna.com/peppermint-sugar-cookies/.
These cheesecake bars took just a few minutes to whip up. Simple ingredients, a few simple steps, 1-2 hours of chill time and you’ve got a cool Christmas treat that everyone is sure to love! The kiddos really loved them too. Check out those smiles. Make these and you’ll be smiling too 🙂
Peppermint Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 20 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Candy Canes (optional)
- Red food coloring (optional)
With a hand mixer, blend all ingredients together until smooth. Add additional peppermint extract as desired.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8 pan lined with wax or parchment paper (make sure paper is overflowing on the sides, for easy removal).
- For red swirls, put 3-5 drops of red food coloring on the top of the cheesecake and swirl using a knife.
- To decorate, swirl drops of red food coloring with a knife. You may also sprinkle bits of candy cane over the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill in the fridge for at 1-2 hours.
- Use the hanging paper to remove cheesecake from the pan.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Adapted by the-lowcarb-diet.com
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 8
ANY CHANGES MADE: Used regular sugar
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: might be fun to add a crust to the bottom of these bars
For more delicious peppermint treats, check out these posts:
And for more yummy desserts, go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
Behind the Scenes at Lil’ Luna: