Thick and chewy Candy Bar Brownies are topped with a chocolatey layer of Reese’s, Butterfingers, cocoa Krispies, peanut butter, and more!
Do you like brownies?
I admit the hubby isn’t a huge fan, but he definitely loved these Candy Bar Brownies I’m posting about today because they’re brownies taking to a whole new lebvel!
I mean – what’s not to love about a thick layer of chocolate-y goodness which includes Reeses’s, Butterfingers and LOTS of chocolate chips! 😉
Can you go wrong with candy like that thrown on top of brownies? NOPE!
We served these up with ice cream, but they’re definitely a great stand-alone dessert as well. If you like LOTS of chocolate-y deliciousness then you must give these guys a try. I promise they won’t disappoint. 😉
Two Layers of Goodness
These brownies are made up of two chocolatey layers. 1) A brownie base and 2) a peanut butter chocolate mixture chock full of candy bars.
BASE. You can use any store-bought box mix for the brownie base, or you can use our favorite homemade brownie recipe. Bake until slightly underbaked, add chopped candy bars and bake an additional 4-6 minutes.
MELT. Melt your chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in your cocoa pebbles.
SPREAD. Remove brownies from the oven and spread your cocoa pebbles mixture over top.
CHILL. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. These brownies are best eaten cold.
Serving: One good thing about these being ultra rich is that you only need a small piece to get your fill. This makes them great mini treats to serve at parties. Simply cut the brownies into small pieces and place each piece in a mini cupcake liner.
I also suggest having milk on hand to wash down the decadent treat!
This dessert is already full of delicious chocolate. Of course you can always add more or even substitute with your favorites. Some ideas include: Reese’s Pieces, mini M&M’s, Kit Kat, chocolate or peanut butter chips.
STORE in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can store these at room temperature or in the refrigerator, but we recommend keeping them in the fridge since the top layer is best cold.
To FREEZE for later, cut the brownies into squares. Wrap each brownie with plastic wrap and place them in a freezer Ziploc, or you can wrap them again with foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before eating.
For more delicious brownies, Check out:
- Buckeye Brownies
- Milky Way Caramel Crispy Brownies
- Samoa Fudge Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Caramel Brownies
- Brownie Delight
Candy Bar Brownies Recipe
- 1 box brownie mix (or homemade)
- 1 cup butterfingers chopped
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups chopped
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups Cocoa Pebbles cereal
- In a 9×13 pan, prepare brownies according to box directions. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until slightly under-baked. Remove and top with chopped Butterfingers and Reese’s, bake for an additional 4-10 minutes until baked through.
- As they finish baking, melt your chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in your cocoa pebbles.
- Remove brownies from oven and spread your cocoa pebbles mixture over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Best eaten cold.
Recipe adapted from Leenee’s Sweetest Delights.