This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pecan pie cheesecake combines a creamy cheesecake layer with a buttery, caramel-pecan topping. It is perfectly indulgent!!
Caramel Pecan Filling
- TWO IN ONE. If you like cheesecake and Pecan Pie, then you will love this recipe. It’s two in one and so incredibly delicious!
- BEST INGREDIENTS. It has a vanilla wafers crust, pecan pie filling, creamy cheesecake layer, and buttery, caramel-pecan topping.
- GREAT FOR HOLIDAYS. this recipe is great not only for Thanksgiving, but also for Christmas and anything in between. In fact, I think it’s great all year!
- MAKE AHEAD. This cheesecake can be made up to 3 days in advance, which is perfect for busy holiday times.
It’s not insanely sweet like a regular pie, because the cheesecake layer perfectly cuts down the sweetness of the pecan filling. You’ll thoroughly enjoy this decadent treat!
Making Pecan Cheesecake
Yes, this pecan pie cheesecake recipe can take a little more time, but it is SO worth it!!
- PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- CRUST. In a small bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom, and halfway up the sides, of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill in the fridge to firm the crust while making the filling.
- PECAN PIE FILLING. In a medium saucepan combine: sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs, pecans, and vanilla. Bring to a boil, over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened (about 5-7 minutes). Pour into prepared crust and set aside.
- CHEESECAKE FILLING. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add brown sugar and flour, beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition.
- COMBINE. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla. Pour the cheesecake mixture in an even layer over the pecan filling.
- BAKE. Place the springform pan on a cookie sheet. Put it in the oven and reduce the heat to 325°F. Bake for 60-70 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean).
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the oven door closed, for 1 hour.
Run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake, but don’t take it out of the pan until completely cooled.
It’s quite easy to prep these pecans for the toppings…
- TOPPING. In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Cook for 3-5 min, or until very bubbly. Stir in cinnamon, heavy whipping cream, and chopped pecans. Cool to room temperature.
- SERVE. Release the sides of the springform pan and spoon the topping over the cooled cheesecake.
Adjust the flavor of this pecan cheesecake recipe by changing up the crust or adding tasty toppings!
- Vanilla Wafers or Oreos can be replaced with an equal amount of graham cracker crumbs to make a Graham Cracker Crust.
- Drizzle with Caramel Sauce or Chocolate Sauce.
- Sprinkle on sea salt.
Cheesecake can be tricky and a little labor intensive, use these tips to make the process easier.
- Crust. Use a food processor or blender to get fine crumbs for the perfect crust.
- Use room temperature ingredients to help them incorporate better together.
- No cracks. Once you add the eggs DON’T over-mix! The eggs will hold too much air, which will then rise up and create cracks on top of the cake. Also, try not to open the oven often, since that can cause cracks.
- Don’t over-bake. There will still be about a 2-3 inch section in the center that will jiggle slightly. The center will continue to cook and firm up as it cools in the oven.
- When serving, do not leave it out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Serving + Storing
To cut even slices: You’ll need a long, thin carving knife, a tall cup of hot water, and a dishcloth.
- Dip the blade of the knife into the hot water and wipe dry.
- The first cut I make is right down the center of the cake. Then I cut it into quarters.
- Depending on how large you want each slice to be, cut each quarter in half, thirds, or smaller quarters.
- Be sure to dip the blade in hot water to warm it up and wipe it clean after EACH cut.
STORE loosely covered in the fridge for 3-5 days.
FREEZE uncovered, until firm. Then, remove the cheesecake and wrap it in aluminum foil. Place in a freezer bag. Seal and freeze for up to 2 months.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup toasted pecans chopped
- Line the bottom of 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and brown sugar, stir in melted butter, then press the mixture evenly into bottom and halfway up the side of 9-inch springform pan. Set in the fridge to firm the crust while making the filling.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs, pecans, and vanilla and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer stirring constantly until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Pour into prepared crust and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy, then add brown sugar and flour and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Do not overbeat it!!! Stir in heavy cream and vanilla, then pour cheesecake mixture over pecan filling.
- Place springform pan on a cookie sheet, put it in the oven, and reduce the heat to 325°F Bake the cake for 60-70 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean). Turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in with oven door closed for 1 hour.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake but don’t take it out of the pan until completely cooled.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and brown sugar. Cook for 3-5 min or until very bubbly, then stir in cinnamon, heavy whipping cream, and chopped pecans. Cool to room temperature.
- Release the sides of springform pan and spoon the topping over cooled cheesecake.
- Store the cake in the fridge.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
For more recipes just as amazing as this one, head over to OMG Chocolate Desserts.