This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
With a buttery shortbread crust, and caramelized pecan filling, it’s impossible not to love these sweet and nutty Pecan Pie Bars!!
BEST EVER Pecan Pie Bars
This tasty dessert is a fall favorite – Pecan Pie Bars!! Pecans are especially popular this time of year, during the holidays, but don’t make the mistake of thinking this is strictly a seasonal recipe.
These yummy Pecan Bars are so gooey and addicting, you’ll likely find yourself making this delicious dessert all year round.
Anyone who likes Pecan Pie (and even those who don’t!) LOVE these Pecan Bars.
Making Easy Pecan Pie Bars
CRUST. Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter to create coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
FILLING. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Spread over the hot crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
BAKE. Bake for an additional 30-35 minutes, until filling has set. Cool completely before serving.
Note. You can put the bars in the refrigerator overnight to help them set before cutting them, which means they can be made a day ahead of time. Perfect for busy holidays!
Pan size. If you need to use a smaller pan, increase the bake time, and keep an eye on it.
Runny top. To prevent the top from being runny, make sure it’s baked all the way. Make sure the top doesn’t jiggle, and if it does, bake it a bit longer.
Pro tip. Line the baking pan with parchment paper. To help the paper stay in place, spray the pan with cooking spray before lining it with paper. Once the baked bars have cooled and set, lift the entire dessert out of the tray and cut using a large kitchen knife.
Shortbread. Similar to pie crust dough, you need to use COLD butter to make shortbread. Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour. Unlike the classic pie, this recipe requires you to prebake the crust before adding in the pecan mixture.
- Use toasted pecans. To toast: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the chopped nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toast for 6-8 minutes until they turn a deep color and produce a delicious nutty aroma.
- Chocolate. Spread semi sweet chocolate chips onto the hot crust before pouring in the rest of the pecan mixture.
- Season. Sprinkle the bars with sea salt before or after baking.
- Toppings. Drizzle the bars with salted caramel. Top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of ice cream.
- Use mixed nuts. 1 ¼ cup chopped pecans and 1 ¼ cup chopped walnuts.
STORE. If you have leftovers afterwards (which isn’t likely since they disappear quickly), cover and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
FREEZE in gallon sized freezer bags, with parchment paper in between each layer of bars. They will keep for up to 6 months! Allow time to thaw before eating.
For more pecan recipes:
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-x-13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- To make the shortbread crust: In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt. Cut in cold butter to create coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of the prepared dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: whisk sugar, eggs, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Spread over hot crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes more, until filling has set.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares and serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Adapted from tasteofhome.