Hi guys! Hope you are all having an awesome day. If not, I’m about to make it awesome with this crazy amazing recipe. You know I’m a freak about chocolate desserts. Well, every once in a while we’ll come across a non chocolaty treat that is just worthy enough to fall under the “Non chocolate, but still YUMMY” dessert category. Today I’ll be sharing one of them with you – Pecan Pie Bars!!
These Pecan Pie Bars were great and easy to whip up. We’ve always enjoyed Pecan Pie in the fall but thought making a bar version would be fun. They were so gooey and delicious, even my sister who thought she hated Pecan Pie loved them. If you are a fan of the pie, you will definitely be a fan of these bars. They’re perfect any time of year, but especially the fall.
For anyone that loves the classic Pecan pie recipe, they will definitely love the bars version. 😉
For more pecan recipes, check out:
How to make Pecan Pie Bars:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 TB butter, melted
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Mix flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl; cut in cold butter to create coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Spread over hot your crust.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, until filling has set. Cool completely before serving.
Adapted from tasteofhome.