This decadent chocolate Pecan pie is made with a homemade pie crust and is filled with chocolate-y goodness and crunchy pecans (and is even better with ice cream on top). It’s perfect for holidays or any get together.
Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
Pecan pie is actually one of my favorites, but I’m the only one in my family that likes it, so I only have it for Thanksgiving when we are with my extended family. This chocolate pecan pie was a different story. Everyone but the self proclaimed pecan hater in the family gobbled it right up!
This pie is very similar to chocolate chip pie, but you melt the chocolate to give it the fudgy texture. It is sinfully rich and delicious! In all honesty it is more chocolate than pecan. If you love pecans, I would add more than the one cup the recipe calls for. I’d love to try that if I didn’t think my family would complain.
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie
Making chocolate pecan pie is so easy! It can be even easier if you decide to make this pie with a store-bought pie crust. I like to make a homemade crust because they can’t be beat, but I’m also all about simplifying when needed. Just follow these easy steps to make this decadent chocolate pecan pie…
- You start by spreading some chopped pecans in the bottom of an unbaked pie shell.
- Next up you just pour the chocolate filling over the pecans.
- To make it look pretty, use a few extra whole pecans to garnish the edge of the pie. Then just pop it in the oven!
When it comes out of the oven, this pie is ooey and gooey. It sets up as it cools. It takes several hours for it to set up completely, so you can pop it in the refrigerator to speed things up a little. I stored the leftovers in the fridge, and discovered that I really liked it cold!
Of course, it is also fantastic at room temperature or served warm with vanilla ice cream. It is quite rich, so cut small slices.
For more pie recipes, check out:
- German Chocolate Pie
- Pecan Pie
- Mixed Berry Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Oreo Candy Crunch Pie
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan Pie
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Cinnamon Pie
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave at half power, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar, brown sugar, and salt till mixture is well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk till smooth.
- Spread the chopped pecans in the bottom of the pie crust. Pour filling over the top. If desired, garnish pie with whole pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes, or till top is crackled and center of pie is no longer jiggly.
- Cool for several hours or chill. Pie will set up as it cools.