Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
My husband LOVES Pie!
And I mean LOVES! He craves it all the time and secretly hopes I make it for every special occasion and party.
And I like pie, but I’m more of a cake and bars girl, so my first thought is never to make pie. You see, this makes my husband pretty sad. He likes the other stuff I make, but if he ever gets to pick dessert, it’s always pie. I try to be nice and make it for his birthday, but fortunately my mom and his mom are nicer and make it on a more regular basis. My mom, in fact, has been making pies for as long as I can remember because my dad loves them too. You can imagine how happy the hubby he was when he came into the family knowing my mom loved to make them too.
She recently made a new version of Coconut Cream Pie (one of the hubby’s all-time favorites!) It was a hit with the family, and she wanted to make sure she shared it with all of you too in case you love Coconut Cream Pie just as much as they do. 😀
For all you coconut lovers, here’s the recipe:
- Prepared pie crust of your choice
- 2⅔ cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⅓ cups sweetened, flake coconut
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TB granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- In a medium saucepan, whisk milk and egg until completely incorporated. Add your sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cooking over medium heat, whisk frequently until thickened. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla then coconut. Pour into your cooled crust (we used Marie Calendar's store bought crust that you bake). Place in refrigerator until chilled, a few hours.
- Whip together your cream, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread on top of chilled pie.
- Spread your coconut on a cookie sheet or pan. Toast at 350 for about 2-4 minutes, until lightly golden. Sprinkle on top of your pie and eat up!
Recipe adapted from HERE.
Um yeah, this looks so creamy and delicious!
I would LOVE to know what you think of it as well.
For more great coconut desserts, check out:
For all dessert recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂