One of our all-time favorite things to do this time of year is bake cookies!! It’s something we do all year long but something we especially look forward to during the holidays. Making treats and assembling plates for neighbors, friends and church members is a common occurrence and a tradition we look forward to each year. That is why I’m sharing this Christmas Cookies recipe today, since it’s our favorite holiday treat to make and give this time of year.
These Christmas Cookies are filled with M&Ms and sprinkles and are so easy to make. I enjoy making them especially since it’s an easy recipe to involve the little ones. They love to add the ingredients and especially to top off each cookie with M&Ms. Each batch makes 3 dozen cookies which is great for our cookie plates since one batch with cover all the neighbors. In fact, we just made these yesterday for our neighbors! 😀
If you’re looking for a simple, festive and delicious Christmas goody, these ones will be perfect!
For more Christmas cookie recipes, check out:
- Peppermint Oreo Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Thumbprint Cookies
- Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- White Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies
How to make this Christmas Cookies recipe:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup sprinkles (or mini chocolate chips)
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter, oil and sugars. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add baking soda, salt, powder, vanilla and flour. Mix well.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Use cookie scoop to put on greased cookie tray. Top with 4-5 M&Ms.
- Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.