Who can say no to a good chocolate chip cookie? I certainly can’t. Especially when it’s a red velvet cookie, loaded with white chocolate chips! Red velvet and white chocolate were just made to go together, right? The flavors complement each other so well, and make for a luscious, delicious cookie. It’s an added bonus that they’re beautiful to look at, too!
These cookies are perfect when they’re just a touch underbaked, so the inside is rich and soft, but they’re still nice and crisp around the edges. I love to roll the dough into big inch-sized balls, to make giant soft cookies, but you could definitely use smaller scoops of dough to make more cookies. I always top the dough balls with a few extra chocolate chips, to make for a nicer presentation.
Because they come out of the oven still pretty soft, it’s important to let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes to help them retain their shape as they cool. Look at that red velvet gorgeousness!
The cookies come out so rich and delicious, and are perfect with a cold glass of milk! I love the hint of cocoa in the dough in contrast with the smooth white chocolate chips. This is definitely a keeper recipe, and one we’ll make many times in the future!
for more yummy red velvet recipes, check out:
- Red Velvet Milkshakes
- Gooey Red Velvet Cookies
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake
- Red Velvet Waffles
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies RecipeRed Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies - a red velvet cookie, loaded with white chocolate chips, and underbaked to perfection! SO YUMMY!Prep Time 10 minutesCook Time 9 minutesRefrigerate 30 minutesTotal Time 19 minutesServings 15 cookiesCalories 237 kcal
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and food coloring, and mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough 30 minutes. During the last ten minutes of chilling time, preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls, and top each ball with a few extra chocolate chips. Bake 9 minutes, then remove from oven. The cookies will be puffy and fat, then flatten slightly as they cool. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Oh my goodness, these look AMAZING! I love red velvet!! I’m interested to see how the white chocolate compliments it.
Thanks for sharing this recipe with us Alicia!!
For more delicious recipes by her, head on over to The Baker Upstairs!