I know, right? It’s like someone combined all of your favorite desserts into one amazing treat! These red velvet cheesecake brownies are so delicious and indulgent, and will definitely be your new favorite dessert. They start with a rich and cakey red velvet brownie base, topped by an amazing creamy cheesecake layer, then more brownie batter swirled into the cheesecake. They’re as delicious as they are beautiful!
The brownie layer is simple and quick to make, and mixes up into this gorgeous, rich, velvety smooth batter. I may or may not know from experience that the batter tastes amazing. 🙂 Spread the batter evenly in your baking dish, and then it’s time to make the cheesecake layer.
The cheesecake layer is simple and sweet (only four ingredients!) and takes just a minute to make. Be sure to whip it until is smooth and creamy!
After you’ve spread the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter, you’ll pipe lines of brownie batter over the top of the cheesecake layer. Next, you’ll drag a toothpick through the lines to make a pretty swirl design. It’s super easy to do, but makes them look so pretty and fun!
Pop them in the oven to bake, and in about thirty minutes, you’ve got a pan full of deliciousness! It’s important to let them cool down so the cheesecake layer can set up, even though it’s definitely a challenge to wait. 🙂 Once they’ve cooled, it’s time to dig in! I’m warning you, though, make sure you have people to share them with, because you’ll want to eat the whole pan. They’re so addicting and delicious, and sure to be your new favorite dessert!
How to make Red Velvet Brownies:
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp red food coloring
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9 x 9 square baking dish with parchment or spray with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar until combined. Add the eggs, vanilla, food coloring, and vinegar, and mix to combine. Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined. Spread the batter in the prepared pan, reserving ½ cup of batter.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Spread the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter.
- Scoop the remaining brownie batter into a ziplock bag and cut a small piece off the corner of the bag. Pipe the brownie batter in lines across the top of the cheesecake layer. Drag a toothpick through the lines to create a swirl patter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
adapted from Freutcake
These look like a total DREAM! Thank you so much for sharing with us, Alicia!! For more incredible recipes by her, head over to The Baker Upstairs!
And for more delicious red velvet recipes, check out these: