This easy jello cheesecake is completely no-bake and perfect for summer! You’ll love the tangy, creamy filling and graham cracker crust.
Where are all the cheesecake fans at? Today’s simple recipe is sure to become a family favorite. It’s quick, easy and delicious – just like our No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake, Cheesecake Bites, and Cheesecake Brownies.
Jello No Bake Cheesecake – it’s so easy!
I love cheesecake recipes – whether it’s classic New York Cheesecake or decadent chocolate cheesecake. Nothing beats the velvety smooth texture and rich, creamy flavor. But did you know you can make a delicious no-bake cheesecake using jello?
Yes – you can! And today I’m going to show you how easy it is! This recipe is a lemon jello cheesecake recipe that has delicious lemon flavor and crunchy, graham crumb crust.
Using jello in the recipe acts as flavor for the cheesecake. Not only that, but it also helps the cheesecake set properly. You end up with a texture that’s not too dense or heavy – but instead is super smooth with an almost mousse-like consistency.
How to Make Jello Cheesecake
CRUST. Just like most cheesecake recipes, you’ll get started by making the crust. I love the graham crumb crust – so this recipe makes enough to go along the bottom and up the edges. You’ll mix together graham crumbs, a little sugar and melted butter, then press it into the tin.
FILLING. To make the filling, first you’ll dissolve one 4 oz package of jello in ¾ cup of boiling water. Note that you will not follow the preparation instructions on the jello package. Make sure to give the mixture a stir so that the jello dissolves. Then as the jello mixture cools, you’ll make the rest of the filling.
First, you’ll beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s soft with no lumps. Make sure to use full-fat, brick-style cream cheese here. Then you’ll carefully mix in the cooled jello mixture and a little lemon juice. You want to do this slowly, and ensure that the jello is 100% cooled before going ahead. Then it’s time to gently fold in the whipped topping.
You’ll spoon the mixture into the pan, smooth the top and then pop the cheesecake in the fridge to chill. It will need to chill for at least 6 hours before serving. So I typically make it the night before I plan to serve it.
DECORATE. I like to decorate the cheesecake with some whipped cream and berries, or you could spoon a dollop of lemon curd on top of each piece.
You can easily make this jello cheesecake with other varieties of jello too. My favorites are:
- For a strawberry jello cheesecake, omit the lemon juice from the recipe and use strawberry jello.
- For an orange creamsicle jello cheesecake, instead of lemon juice use 2 tablespoons of orange zest. Then use orange jello instead of lemon jello.
Note that this recipe makes too much filling for a store-bought, 8-inch graham crumb pie crust. If you’d like to use a pie crust – buy 2. The filling recipe will be enough to fill both.
How to Store?
JUST in case you have leftovers, here are a few tips for storing a no bake cheesecake:
- STORING: This cheesecake must be stored in a cold place. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or foil. The cheesecake will last for 5-7 days in the fridge.
- FREEZING: You can freeze the cake whole or in slices. Once chilled, remove the cake from the baking pan, slice if desired, and wrap with plastic wrap (do not add toppings). Store in an airtight container or wrap again with foil. Label the contents and include the date packaged.
- Store in the freezer for 3-4 months for best quality but can safely be stored for 6-8 months. To eat: thaw overnight in the fridge, add toppings and enjoy!
We typically like to make this a day AHEAD OF TIME for holidays and special occasions. 😉
For more lemon desserts, be sure to try:
Jello Cheesecake Recipe
- 9-inch springform pan
Graham Crumb Crust
- 2 1/4 cups graham crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 oz package lemon jello
- 24 oz cream cheese use full fat, brick-style
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeazed
- 8 oz tub whipped topping
- whipped cream
Graham Crumb Crust
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham crumbs and sugar.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan the mixture will not go up all the way up to the top of the sides).
- Place in the fridge as you make the filling.
- Sprinkle the jello into the boiling water. Stir the mixture for the jello to dissolve. Set aside as you make the rest of the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, followed by the lemon juice.
- Ensure that the jello mixture is cooled to room temperature. With the mixer on low speed, beat the jello into the cream cheese mixture a little at a time. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Carefully fold the thawed whipped topping into the mixture until it's evenly mixed.
- Spoon the filling overtop of the crust and smooth the top.
- Place in the fridge for 6 hours, or until set.
- When ready to serve, carefully run a thin, sharp knife around the edges of the springform pan. Carefully unclamp the edges of the springform pan.
- Optionally, top the cheesecake with whipped cream and berries.