Easy, No Bake chocolate cheesecake bars are deliciously creamy with a crunchy Oreo cookie crust. They only take 15 minutes to make!!
No bake chocolate cheesecake is perfect for days you don’t feel like using the oven. They are simple and delish. For more fav no bake treats try No Bake Cookies, No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars, and No Bake Strawberry Shortcake.
No oven required!
Fiona from Just So Tasty is sharing this super easy, no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe. It’s creamy, it’s chocolate-y, AND it’s way easier than making traditional baked cheesecake.
Now, it’s no secret that I absolutely LOVE cheesecake. I’ve shared these chocolate chip cheesecake bars and a no bake cheesecake recipes on Lil Luna already this year. But I don’t believe in too much of a good thing. So creating the perfect no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe was on my to do list.
I love the combination of rich chocolate and creamy, tangy cheesecake. But I wanted a recipe that had all the characteristics of a traditional baked chocolate cheesecake without the stress.
Only requires 15 minutes
Crust. First stir together melted butter and Oreo cookie crumbs to form the base. Then press the mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan lined with aluminum foil.
Filling. Whip 1 cup whipping cream with a little powdered sugar until peaks form. Then in a separate bowl beat together the cream cheese, the rest of the powdered sugar, sour cream, and melted chocolate. Then the whipping cream gets mixed into the cream cheese mixture, and we’re done with the filling.
Chill. Spread the creamy chocolate cheesecake mixture over the Oreo cookie crust, and our work is done. Pop the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 4 hours to chill, then serve.
It’s literally only 15 minutes of effort! The hardest part is waiting 4 hours for it to set up in the fridge before devouring it. 😉
The cheesecake is delicious alone or topped with other sweet ingredients.
- Adding fresh fruit like strawberries
- Spreading a layer of fruit pie filling over the top
- Drizzle it with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce
- Top with whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate shavings
- Chopped nuts
- Coarsely chopped Oreos
- I’ve also made it for Christmas parties with a sprinkle of crushed candy canes – which is always a huge hit.
A few notes and storing tips
Don’t remove the Oreo cream before making crumbs. It helps act as a binding agent for the crust.
Be sure to use full fat cream cheese
Allow ample time for this cheesecake to set. We recommend chilling at least 4 hours, but you can also make it the night before.
Use different pans to double the recipe or make individual portions. To double this recipe and use a 9×13 pan. Another great thing about this no bake dessert is that you can easily use other pan shapes like a springform pan or pie plates (You may need to make more Oreo crust to cover both plates). You can even make individual cheesecakes using mini pie pans or clear plastic cups.
Cover and STORE the cheesecake in the fridge for 3-4 days. To FREEZE, allow the cake to chill in the fridge first. Cover with plastic wrap then wrap the whole pan with aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
For more cheesecake recipes, check out:
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Mini Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- Strawberry Nutella Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Churro Cheesecake Bars
- Peppermint Cheesecake Bars
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup Oreo baking crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 10 oz cream cheese , very soft
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate , melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl stir together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl beat the whipping cream and ¼ cup of the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl beat together the cream cheese and remaining powdered sugar (¾ cup) until soft. Then beat in the sour cream, melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Mix the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture until evenly combined.
- Spread the filling overtop of the Oreo cookie crust and place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 4 hours to harden.
Thank you Fiona from Just So Tasty!