Layers of creme filled cookies, vanilla pudding, strawberries and topped with whipped cream and more strawberries. The perfect cool dessert!
A Refreshing Summer Treat
Summer is here, and we are already melting.
Since it’s so hot, we’ve been making tons of treats to keep us nice and cool. Today’s recipe happens to be one of those cool, refreshing desserts that everyone loves! It consists of cream filled sandwich cookies, vanilla pudding, fresh strawberries, and cool whip all layered like a lasagna!
This No Bake Strawberry Shortcake takes a little bit of time to make, but it’s still very simple. The combo of cookies and cream and strawberries makes it pretty irresistible. If you are a fan of strawberry treats, then you will definitely love this recipe. It’s the perfect treat for any summer get together!
Assemble the layers
Vienna Fingers. Dip Vienna fingers in strawberry juice and arrange in the bottom of a 9×13 dish. If you can’t find Keebler Vienna fingers, you could use vanilla oreos.
Vanilla Pudding. In a medium bowl whisk together pudding and milk. Spread half the pudding mixture over the cookies. Top with ⅓ the strawberries.
Beware of soggy cookies!
The longer this cake sits in the fridge, the more the cookies soak up the strawberry juice and moisture from the pudding. I would suggest not keeping it for more than 3 days. But no worries! It should be devoured before then because it’s so good!
This recipe does need to be chilled for 2-3 hours before being served, so you can for sure make it a couple hours ahead of time, but its best right after that chilling period so that the cookies still have a good amount of crunch to them. I probably wouldn’t make it an entire day ahead.
Cannot wait to try this again!!
If you’re a fan of strawberries, then you’ll love these recipes:
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
- Homemade Fruit Leather
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade
No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup strawberry juice
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 packages Vienna Fingers
- 1 lb strawberries fresh, hulled and chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
In a medium bowl whisk together pudding and milk. Set aside.
- Dip Vienna fingers in strawberry juice and arrange in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Spread half the pudding mixture over the cookies. Top with ⅓ the strawberries.
- Add another layer of lady fingers, the rest of the pudding and ⅓ the strawberries.
- In a bowl, whip the cream and powdered sugar until it becomes thick. Spread over strawberries and top with remaining strawberries. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving. ENJOY!