Happy Fourth of July!
It’s me – Lily!!
I hope you’ve been having a Sparkling Fourth of July. Get it? Sparklers? Sparkling!! LOL! 😉 We’ve had an awesome day!
Guess what happened? We went to our church Fourth of July Breakfast. We even had a bike parade, and I decorated my scooter. Then, we had friends over for lunch. We ate food and played on water slide and Slip n Slide. It was so fun. I wish it could have lasted forever!!
Speaking of special occasions, we made some treats a few weeks ago that are GREAT for occasions like today (a holiday!) They are called Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs). Did you know you could add sprinkles to them to make them perfect for your holiday party?!? My family loved them so much because we love cake, strawberries AND white chocolate! Perfect, right?
Here’s the recipe:
Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs Recipe
Simple and delicious Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs!! The perfect summer treat! Pieces of cake and strawberries skewered and drizzled with melted vanilla candy coating!
- 1 box white cake mix plus ingredients on back
- 48 strawberries
- 5 cubes vanilla candy coating
- 16 skewers
Begin by making Cake as directed on the back of the box. We made ours in a larger pan (11x16) so that the cake squares weren't too big.
- Once made and cooled, cut cake into 1½ inch squares.
- Rinse strawberries and cut off tops.
- Add strawberries and cake pieces to your skewers making sure strawberries are on the end (they will keep everything on the skewer). Place on parchment paper.
- Melt candy coating by adding a few squares of the coating in a small pan on low heat. Stir constantly until melted.
- Drizzle white chocolate over your skewers. Refrigerate for half hour. ENJOY!
(PS – We only made about 15 skewers and had plenty of leftover cake)
These kabobs are FantaSTICK!! Get it?! LOL!!
I hope you like them!
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
Here are more desserts you might like perfect for parties:
Happy Independence Day!
For all sweet treats by Lily go HERE.
For all desserts go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM: