Dessert Kabobs are a simple and delicious way to serve several “mini” treats at once. They are perfect for parties, BBQs and every day!
Quick + Easy
There is ALWAYS room for dessert, right?! They are even better when it’s quick, easy and delicious. That’s why I LOVE the Dessert Kabob!!! Have you had one before?
Maybe not, but if you haven’t – you should! These little kabobs were so easy to make, delicious and great to customize.
The treats is topped off with a drizzle of melted chocolate or white chocolate.
how to make dessert skewers
LAYER. Layer treats on skewers. We added strawberries first and last to help keep the treats on the stick. Place skewers on parchment paper.
DRIZZLE. Melt candy coating by stirring constantly in a small pot. When all melted, pour in a Ziploc bag with the tip cut off. Drizzle over skewers and let set.
Variations + Storing Info
This treat is fun because of how easy it is to change it up. You can use the ingredients listed on the recipe card and arrange them on the kabob in any way you choose. Try adding:
- donut holes
Because of the differences in ingredients STORING these kabobs gets a little tricky.
- Your best option to make these ahead of time is to prep the individual ingredients and store them separately. Assemble the ingredients on the wooden skewer several hours before the event. Cover and keep them in the fridge.
- I would suggest disassembling any leftover kabobs and STORING leftover ingredients separately. Reassemble the skewers as needed.
- Strawberries: Place a paper towel at the bottom of an airtight container. STORE the berries cut side down. Cover and store in the fridge.
- Brownies, rice krispies, marshmallow: STORE in separate airtight containers at room temperature.
- Cream puffs: STORE in an airtight container in the fridge.
Dessert Kabobs Recipe
- 3 Rice Krispies Treats homemade or store bought
- 6 Brownie Bites homemade or store bought
- 12 strawberries
- 6 large marshmallows
- 6 mini cream puffs
- 5-6 cubes chocolate candy coating
- Cut up your brownies or Rice Krispies treats to the size you'd like them to be. We used store bought Rice Krispies Treats and cut them in thirds.
- Wash Strawberries and cut off tops.
- Layer treats on skewers. We added strawberries first and last to help keep the treats on the stick.
- Place skewers on parchment paper.
- Melt candy coating by stirring constantly in a small pot. When all melted, pour in a Ziploc bag with the tip cut off. Drizzle over Kabobs and let set.